iPad Passcode Not Working? Here's the Fix 
There are mainly two meanings for saying the iPad passcode not working:
- iPad not accepting passcode.
- iPad is locked and allows no passcode entering. (after 10 times wrong attempts)
Both of them sound terrible, right? But don't worry. In this post, you will learn 5 easy and effective methods to fix this tackle problem.
Why Is My iPad Passcode Not Working
Before learning how to fix the iPad passcode not working, let's take a look at the possible reasons. Check the cause list below:
- iPadOS software glitches after updating the iPadOS system.
- Multiple wrong passcode attempts.
- Mistaken touches/presses.
- The iPad passcode was changed by someone but you don't know.
- The failed iPadOS update.
- The iPad's password file is corrupted.
After figuring out why is your iPad passcode not working, reboot your iPad to see whether it works. If this fails to work, then skip to other solutions.
How to Fix iPad Passcode Not Working via the Erase iPad Feature
The easiest and quickest way to fix iPad passcode not working is to use its built-in feature - Erase iPad. There is an Erase iPad option at the bottom of the iPad screen after the 7 times wrong attempts of the passcode. (for iPadOS 15.2 and later)
Click Erase iPad once the option appears. Then enter the Apple ID account and password as it asked. After entering the password, click Erase iPad and then set up your iPad.
How to Fix iPad Passcode Not Working via BuhoUnlocker
No matter it's your iPad won't accept correct passcode or your iPad is locked for multiple wrong passcode attempts, BuhoUnlocker can help you fix the iPhone/iPad passcode not working problem by erasing your iPad data and setting up your iPad.
Here is how to fix the iPad passcode not working with Buhocleaner:
- Free download, install, and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click Unlock Screen Passcode＞Start.
- Connect your iPad to your computer with a USB cable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to put your iPad in recovery mode.
- Click Download to download the latest firmware.
- Once completed, set up your iPad.
How to Fix iPad Passcode Not Working via iTunes/Finder
iTunes/Finder offers users options like updating, restoring, backing up iPads, etc. Restoring will erase your iPad data together with iPad passcode, which enables you to set up your iPad to fix the iPad passcode not working problem.
Unlock a Disabled iPad in Standard Mode
In the case that you have trusted and synced your iPad with your computer recently, you can directly connect to iTunes/Finder via a USB cable.
And you can still back up your iPad after connecting to iTunes/Finder. Just click Back Up Now in the iTunes/Finder window.
After backing up your iPad, restore and set up your iPad.
Unlock a Disabled iPad in Recovery Mode
Connecting to iTunes/Finder will ask you to enter the passcode if you have not trusted and synced your iPad with your computer. In this case, you need to put your iPad in recovery mode.
And here is how to restore iPad in recovery mode:
- Open iTunes/Finder.
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPad to your computer.
- Put your iPad in recovery mode.
- For an iPad with a Home button:
Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons simultaneously until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For an iPad without a Home button:
Quickly press and release the Volume Up button＞quickly press and release the Volume Down button＞press and hold the Top button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Click Restore and wait for the restore process to be completed.
- Set up your iPad.
How to Fix iPad Passcode Not Working via Find My
Besides the locating function, the Find My feature also offers you an "Erase iPad" option.
If you have enabled the Find My feature, you can erase your iPad remotely as long as you sign in with the same Apple ID as the locked iPad.
Here is how to unlock a disabled iPad with Find My:
- Open Find My app on another Apple device.
- Sign in with the same Apple ID as the locked iPad. /Or tap Me and scroll down to find Help a Friend and tap it.
- Tap Sign In＞Use a different Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap your iPhone's icon and then Erase This Device.
If you already signed in with the same Apple ID, just go to All Devices＞tap your iPad's icon＞Erase This Device.
How to Fix iPad Passcode Not Working via iCloud
Besides using the Find My app, it also works to use the Find My feature in iCloud.
Here is how to use iCloud to fix the passcode not working on iPad:
- Go to https://www.icloud.com/find.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click All Devices and then click your iPad icon.
- Click Erase iPad.
Besides the methods mentioned above, you can also downgrade the iPadOS version, contact Apple Support for help, etc.
In this post, 5 ways to fix iPad passcode not working were introduced in detail. Just choose one according to your actual situation.
Go ahead and fix your iPad passcode not working now！
Clare Weaver has been captivated by the world of Apple products since the launch of iconic iPhone in 2007. With a wealth of experience, Clare is your go-to source for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple.