6 Best Duplicate Photo Finders and Removers for Mac (2022)
Summary: From this blog post, you will get to know 6 best duplicate photo finders for Mac.
Duplicate photos can eat up your storage space and make your Mac heavy. Want to quickly remove them from your Mac? All you need is a duplicate photo finding tool. Here, we have put together 6 of the best duplicate photo finders for Mac for you. Let's find out which one is best for you.
The first tool we'd like to introduce to you is BuhoCleaner. It a cleaning tool with many practical features, such as duplicate and large file cleaning, app uninstallation, caches cleanup, disk space analysis, memory release, etc.
Its duplicate file finder tool can detect all duplicate files in every folder on your Mac, not just photos. With its Smart Select feature, you can delete all unwanted photos, songs, documents and movies with one click.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Finds duplicate photos in every folders.
- Can remove unwanted duplicates in one click.
- Comes with more cleaning features.
- Remove 3GB of files for free.
2. Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro
Second, on the list of Mac’s best duplicate photo finders is Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro. It is a feature-rich image duplicate finder that helps quickly scan & declutter your entire photo collection from redundant identical & similar pictures. To detect duplicates accurately, the program uses two comparison modes:
Exact Match – to quickly identify and deduplicate images.
Similar Match – to easily locate and remove identical images. It also comes with customization to simplify selecting duplicate image options like matching level, bitmap size, time interval, GPS, etc.
- Finds duplicate & similar photos stored on any connected storage device.
- Preview images before deleting duplicate pictures.
- Reclaim storage space.
- Advanced scanning algorithm to differentiate between duplicate and similar images.
A free version is a limited functionality.
Most importantly, it offers Auto-Mark, Selection Assistant, and other powerful features that simplify selecting duplicate images. The tool has an intuitive user interface, and Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro in a blink on eye scans and compares duplicate photos.
3. Duplicate Photos Finder
This free tool makes it easy to find and delete duplicate photos on your Mac. All you need to do is select a folder to scan, auto mark the duplicates found, and click the Trash Marked button. However, this tool only allows you to detect duplicate and similar photos. If you also want to detect other duplicate files on your Mac, it may not be your ideal choice.
- Free and easy to use.
- Finds duplicates and similar photos.
- Scans the Photos Library and other photo folders on your Mac.
- Can auto mark duplicates.
- Can't detect duplicate movies, audio, and more.
4. Duplicate File Finder Remover
Developed by Nektony LLC, Duplicate File Finder Remover is a tool that detects duplicate files on every corner of your Mac, such as photos, movies, audios, folders and more. What makes it unique is that you can have a great overview of the duplicate files on your Mac.
- Detects duplicate photos, audios, folders, etc.
- Finds similar photos and folders.
- Overview of the duplicates on your Mac.
- Limited features with the free version.
- Too many pop-ups.
5. Gemini 2
Gemini 2 is also one of the best duplicate file finders for Mac. It detects exact and similar photos in Mac internal and external drives. Besides, it has a Smart Cleanup feature that enables you to delete all duplicates and similars quickly.
- Detect duplicate and similar files.
- Can scan external drives.
- Restore deleted duplicates.
- Limited features with the free version.
6. Cisdem Duplicate Finder
Cisdem Duplicate Finder is another handy duplicate photo finder. You can use it to find duplicate and similar photos. It has 3 preview modes, allowing you to decide which file version you want to keep quickly.
One drawback of the tool is that you must upgrade to the paid version to use its delete feature.
- Supports external hard drives and network volumes.
- Looks for duplicates and similars.
- 3 preview modes are available.
- Pay to unlock the delete feature.
- Slow scanning speed.
Now you know the pros and cons of every duplicate photo finder. Which one do you like best and want to give it a try first?
By the way, BuhoCleaner is beyond a duplicate photo finder. It has more cleaning features that allow you to clean and optimize your Mac in a few minutes. Go and try it out.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download