5 Best Mac Performance Monitors in 2024
Want to know your system status in real-time? All you need is a Mac Performance Monitor. Here are 5 of the best ones worth checking out. Take a look to find the one that suits you best.
Background processes can slow down your Mac. Monitoring system status is crucial to identify resource depletion promptly. This article introduces 5 top Mac performance monitoring software to help you choose the right one. Let's explore.
1. Activity Monitor
When it comes to monitoring Mac system status, we have to mention Activity Monitor, a free tool built into macOS. It displays various system resources in use, such as CPU, memory, energy, disk, and network. Being an official tool, it is favored by users seeking a Mac performance monitor.
- Free and easy to use.
- Displays various system resources in use.
- Allows quick termination of unwanted processes.
- Unable to display system status in the menu bar.
- Doesn't monitor disk space usage.
2. BuhoCleaner (Free)
BuhoCleaner is also worth checking out. Its BuhoCleaner Menu feature allows you to display system resources in the menu bar and dashboard. Covering CPU load, temperature, disk and memory usage, fans, and network speed, BuhoCleaner Menu offers a comprehensive overview. The best part is it enables you to free up memory space with a single click.
- Free and user-friendly.
- Real-time system status monitoring in the menu bar.
- One-click memory (RAM) release.
- Quick disk cleanup.
- Visual representation of disk space.
- Limited monitoring features.
Stats is a free and open-source Mac performance monitor. Unlike Activity Monitor, Stats can display a variety of system resources in real-time in the menu bar, including CPU, memory, disk, battery, Bluetooth, network, etc. Clicking on the displayed number in the menu bar reveals more detailed information.
- Free and open-source.
- Shows all information in the menu bar.
- Offers fast data refresh rate.
- Allows quick access to Activity Monitor.
- Lacks Disk Cleanup feature.
- Features an outdated user interface.
4. iStatistica Pro
As the name suggests, iStatistica Pro is a professional Mac system monitor. It stands out from its competitors with its comprehensive dashboard, providing detailed information on CPU, memory, disk, battery, graphics, and more. It also alerts you when memory and CPU resources are running low.
- Powerful features and detailed data.
- Visualizes disk and folder usage.
- Offers comprehensive monitoring of system resources.
- Allows comparison of CPU, memory, and GPU utilization and usage.
- Offers a 20-day free trial.
- May mistakenly delete restricted folders.
5. iStat Menu
iStat Menus is also one of the top monitoring software options for Mac. It allows you to check system status in real time from the menu bar and offers customization options for display colors. You can easily disable monitoring if you don't want to view system resource usage. Additionally, it provides weather information, distinguishing it from other products.
- Displays data in the menu bar.
- Allows customization of display colors.
- Allows you to customize the display colors.
- Offers a 14-day free trial.
- Features an outdated user interface and user experience.
- Lacks Disk Cleanup feature.
Now you have 5 of the best Mac performance monitors to try. Which one do you like best and want to give a try first?
As you can see, each has its advantages and disadvantages. When it comes to a tool with monitoring and cleaning features, we believe BuhoCleaner might be the best choice for you. What do you think?
Living in New Jersey, Peter Aaron is an Apple technician focused on iPhone and iOS repairs. Meanwhile, he's also a senior writer at Dr.Buho, with a simple mission to help fix Apple things that are with software or hardware glitches.