10 Tips to Fix Can’t Sign into Apple ID on Mac or iPhone
If you have trouble signing into your Apple ID on a Mac or iPhone, you can try the 10 tips below to fix the problem.
1. Check Apple’s System Status
First, you can go to Apple’s System Status page to check if Apple services are experiencing issues. You can check if the Apple ID service is currently working well or not.
2. Enter the Right Apple ID and Password
If you can’t sign into your Apple ID on your Mac or iPhone, you can try again and make sure to enter the correct Apple ID email address and password. Be careful with capitalization and spelling.
3. Restart Your Mac or iPhone
You can restart your device and try to log into your Apple ID again. You can also change another device to see if you can successfully sign into the Apple ID.
4. Reset Apple ID Password
If you forgot the Apple ID password, you can reset it and try to log into Apple ID again. Follow the steps below to reset Apple ID password.
- Visit https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid in a web browser to open the Apple ID password reset page.
- Enter your Apple ID and follow the instructions to reset the password. If you forgot the Apple ID email, you may click the “look it up” link to look up your Apple ID.
5. Update macOS or iOS to the Latest Version
If you are unable to log into your Apple ID on Mac or iPhone, it may be caused by outdated software. You can update your device to see if the issue can be fixed.
- To update macOS, click Apple > System Settings > General > Software Update. Install any available updates for your Mac.
- To update iPhone or iPad, you can tap Settings > General > Software Update, and choose the software update you want to install.
6. Check Your Internet Connection
If you can’t sign into Apple ID on Mac, you can check your internet connection and make sure your device is well connected to network.
7. Date and Time Settings on Mac or iPhone
Wrong date or time settings may interfere with Apple ID sign-in.
- To check date and time settings on iOS devices, you can tap Settings > General > Date & Time, and tick Set Automatically.
- On Mac, click Apple > System Settings > Date & Time to make sure the time zone and time are correct.
8. Temporarily Disable VPN
The VPN or proxy service may interfere with Apple ID login. If you are using a VPN or proxy, you can temporarily disable it to see if it can help fix the Apple ID login errors.
9. Contact Apple Support for Help
If you still can’t log into the Apple ID on your Mac/iPhone, you may contact Apple Support to ask for help.
10. Remove Apple ID from iPhone and Try Another One
If you can’t sign into Apple ID on your iPhone, you may remove the Apple ID and try another Apple ID to sign in.
BuhoUnlocker is a simple tool that lets you easily remove your iPhone passcode, Apple ID, MDM, Screen Time, and other Apple security locks.
- Connect the iPhone to your Mac computer. Back up any important data on your iPhone.
- Open BuhoUnlocker and select Remove Apple ID.
- Click Start to remove Apple ID from your iPhone.
This post provides 10 solutions to help you fix can’t sign into Apple ID on Mac or iPhone. You should keep your Apple ID and password secure.