How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone With/Without Password
Summary: Want to remove Apple ID from iPhone but don't know how? You've come to the right place. This article will show you how to remove your Apple ID with and without a password.
The Apple ID is the heart of the iPhone. Once you're signed in with your Apple ID, you'll be able to use all Apple services on your iPhone, including iCloud, App Store, Apple Music, Find My iPhone, and more.
In most cases, we don't need to remove your Apple ID from your iPhone. But if you want to sell or give away your iPhone, it's a good idea to delete your Apple ID to protect your data from prying eyes and to avoid any inconvenience to others - no access to Apple services.
If you don't know how to delete your Apple ID from your iPhone, read on for detailed steps.
When Do You Need to Remove Apple ID?
For the safety of your data, you may consider deleting your Apple ID in the following situations:
- Before you sell, give away, and trade in your iPhone.
- You want to use another Apple ID on your iPhone.
- No longer using Apple devices.
Will Removing My Apple ID Remove All My Data?
The answer is Yes and No. Files saved in storage will not be lost, but data saved in your Apple ID account will be deleted. For example, if you backed up Notes through iCloud, your local Notes data will be wiped after you delete your Apple ID. (But the deleted local data is automatically restored when you log in to your Apple ID again.)
To avoid the risk of data loss, it is recommended that you backup your iPhone from time to time.
How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone with Password
It is easy to remove your Apple ID if you know the password. Here are two methods:
Method 1. Delete Apple ID on Your iPhone
If you still have your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and tap Your Name.
- Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
- If your Find My iPhone feature is turned on, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID password to turn it off.
Method 2. Remove Apple ID on a PC or Mac
Know your Apple ID password but no longer have your iPhone? Don’t worry. Here’s a way to delete your Apple ID remotely on your computer.
- Go to appleid.apple.com on your computer.
- Sign in to your Apple ID, and then click Devices to view all the devices associated with your account.
- Click the iPhone whose Apple ID you want to delete, then click Remove from account.
- To permanently remove your Apple ID, erase your iPhone.
How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone Without Password
If you know the password, the above method will work for you. But if your iPhone is second-hand and it is signed in with the previous owner's Apple ID, how do you delete someone else's Apple ID?
Don't panic. There are also some easy fixes.
Method 1: Seek Help from the Previous Owner
If you can get in touch with the previous owner, things will be easy. All you need to do is ask him or her to sign out of the account on the iPhone.
Method 2. Via a Third-Party Apple ID Unlocker
If you, unfortunately, do not know the previous owner, it is impossible to ask them to help you. In this situation, you may give a third-party Apple ID remover a try.
There are tons of Apple ID unlockers on the internet claiming that they can easily remove your Apple ID without a password. They might be helpful. Just choose the tool you like and try it out.
Bonus Tip: How to Permanently Delete Your Apple ID
The above steps just delete the Apple ID account from your iPhone, and you can log in to your account again. If you no longer use any Apple products and want to permanently delete remove your Apple ID, follow the steps below:
- Go to Apple's "Data & Privacy" page.
- Log in to your Apple ID and enter the verification code as prompted to complete two-factor authentication.
- Click Delete Your Account and follow the instructions on the page to complete the removal.
Now you have learned how to remove Apple ID from your iPhone. Go ahead and delete your Apple ID using the method that works best for you.
Please note that it is good to back up your iPhone before deleting your Apple ID or erasing iPhone content and settings.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download