How to Find and Open Documents Folder on Mac (Sonoma/Ventura)
What Is Mac Documents Folder?
The Documents folder on Mac is a default directory in macOS that stores and organizes users’ documents. The Documents folder is used to store a variety of file types like text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, PDFs, etc.
How to Open Documents Folder on Mac (Sonoma/Ventura)
Opening the Documents folder on Mac can be done in several ways. Below are the 5 ways for your reference.
Way 1. Use Finder to Open Mac Documents Folder
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock to open Mac Finder.
- In the Finder window, find and click “Documents” in the sidebar.
Way 2. Use Mac Spotlight Search
- Click the Spotlight Search icon at the top-right corner of the menu bar. You can also press Command + Space to open Spotlight Search.
- Type “Documents” in the search bar.
- Double-click the Documents folder from the search results to open it.
Way 3. Find If Documents Folder Is in the Dock
You can check if the Documents folder is in the Dock, if so, you can click its icon to open it.
To add the Documents folder to the Dock, you can open a Finder window, find Documents, and drag the Documents folder icon to the Dock.
Way 4. Use Go Menu
- Open Finder on your Mac.
- Click the Go tab in the menu bar and select Documents to open the Documents folder on your Mac.
Way 5. Find the Mac Documents Folder Path
The Documents folder on Mac is located at /Users/YourUserName/Documents/.
- You can open Finder and click Go > Go to Folder in the menu bar.
- Type the path /Users/YourUserName/Documents/ and press Enter to open the Documents folder.
Documents Folder Missing on Mac – 4 Fixes
Fix 1. If the Mac Documents folder icon is missing in Finder, you can open Finder, and click Finder > Settings in the menu bar. Click the Sidebar tab and make sure the Documents option is checked.
Fix 2. If you can’t find the Documents folder icon in the Dock, you can follow the instructions above to add its icon to the Dock.
Fix 3. Change another way to open the Documents folder. 5 ways are provided above.
Fix 4. Update your Mac to the latest version to see if it helps.
Free Up Space on Mac with BuhoCleaner
To free up space on your Mac, you can use a professional Mac cleaner program.
BuhoCleaner lets you fast scan and remove junk files on your Mac. You can also use it to uninstall apps, find and delete large files or duplicate files, analyze disk space usage, manage startup items, free up RAM, monitor system resource usage, shred files, and more.
Download and install BuhoCleaner on your Mac now to use it to clean and speed up your Mac.
This post introduces how to find and open the Documents folder on Mac. If the Documents folder is missing on your Mac, some tips are also provided to help you get it back. Hope it helps.