Where and How to Download macOS Monterey Installer – 2 Ways
If you want to get an older version of macOS like macOS Monterey, you have some ways to go. This post mainly provides a macOS Monterey download guide. Learn where and how to download the full installer of macOS Monterey below.
1. Download macOS Monterey from App Store
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Search for “macOS Monterey” in the App Store.
- When you get to the macOS Monterey product page, click Get to start the macOS Monterey download process.
- After downloading, you can find and launch the “Install macOS Monterey” app in the Applications folder to install macOS Monterey.
2. Direct macOS Monterey Download Links
You can also download the installer of various macOS versions from the official Apple content delivery network. Below are the direct download links for macOS Monterey. You can select the preferred version of macOS Monterey to download its full installer file to your Mac.
- macOS Monterey 12.6.7
- macOS Monterey 12.6.6
- macOS Monterey 12.6.5
- macOS Monterey 12.6.4
- macOS Monterey 12.6.3
How to Create a macOS Monterey Bootable Installer
If you want to create a bootable USB installer of macOS Monterey to install macOS Monterey on multiple Macs later, you can follow the steps below.
- Download macOS Monterey installer (installassistant.pkg) for free using one of the two ways above.
- Connect a USB flash drive (at least 16GB) to your Mac computer. You should copy all data on the USB to another device.
- Format the USB to Mac OS Extended with Disk Utility. Click Spotlight and search for the Disk Utility app to open it. Select the target external USB flash drive from the sidebar and click the Erase button at the top toolbar. Select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format in the pop-up window and click Erase to format the USB.
- Click Spotlight and search for the Terminal app to open it. In the Terminal app, type the command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume. Replace “MyVolume” with the exact name of the USB drive. Press Enter to create a bootable USB for macOS Monterey.
Free Up Space on Mac for macOS Download and Install
If your Mac doesn’t have enough free space to download and install newer or older macOS, you can use BuhoCleaner to free up more space for your Mac. BuhoCleaner is a professional Mac cleaner program that helps you clean your Mac from all aspects.
You can use BuhoCleaner to scan and remove junk files, clear system data and cache, uninstall apps along with removing leftovers, delete temporary files, find and delete large files or duplicate files, free up RAM, manage Mac startup items, etc. A professional disk space analyzer and Mac monitor are also included.
As for where and how to download macOS Monterey, this post provides 2 ways. How to create a USB bootable installer for macOS Monterey and how to free up space on Mac are also introduced. Hope it helps.