How to Install macOS Monterey Public Beta & Developer Beta
Summary: Here in this post, you'll learn how to install macOS Monterey public beta and developer beta. Look no further.
Unveiled at 2021 WWDC on June 8, macOS Monterey is the upcoming version of macOS. In this new macOS, more new features have been added, such as FaceTime SharePlay, Universal Control, Airplay to Mac, ShortCuts on Mac, Redesigned Safari, and so on. Thanks to the beta versions for the public and developers, you can check these features before the official release this fall.
Here's a guide on how to install the public beta and developer beta of macOS Monterey.
Also Read: macOS Slow? 8 Proven Ways to Fix It
Before we start, let's take a look at which Macs are compatible with macOS Monterey.
- iMac (late 2015 and later)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 and later)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac mini (late 2014 and later)
- MacBook Air (early 2015 and later)
- MacBook (early 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (early 2015 and later)
How to Install macOS Monterey Public Beta
- Go to Apple Beta Software Program.
- Click the blue Sign Up button and agree to the terms and conditions. (Sign in if you already have an account.)
- Click the Enroll Your Devices on the Guide for Public Betas page and choose macOS.
- Back up your Mac if needed.
- Scroll your page down to "Enroll the Mac" and click the blue Download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility button. (Only new users need to enroll their Mac.)
- Click the Apple icon > System Preferences > System Upgrade.
- Click the Upgrade Now button to download the macOS Monterey public beta version.
- After the macOS Monterey public beta is downloaded, your Mac should restart, and the macOS Monterey installer will start automatically. Just follow the instructions onscreen to finish the installing process.
How to Install macOS Monterey Developer Beta
- Back up your Mac before upgrading your system to macOS Monterey.
- The Universal Control feature is still unavailable in this beta version.
Generally speaking, the software feature update progress of the public beta version is slower than that of the developer beta version. After launching macOS Monterey Public Beta, Apple released the third version of macOS Monterey to developers on July 14. If you are a developer and want to test the new features in macOS Monterey, follow the steps below to download and install macOS Monterey Developer Beta on your computer.
- Go to Apple Developer.
- Click on the Account in the upper right corner of the page and sign in to your account. (If you are a new user, please enroll as a paid Apple developer in the Apple Developer Program.)
- After signing in, click on Downloads from the sidebar.
- Make sure the Operating Systems tab is selected.
- Find the macOS Monterey Beta and click on the Install Profile button next to it.
- Head to your Downloads folder, and you should see a .pkg file named macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.
- Double click the file and follow the instructions on the page to install the profile.
- Once your installation is done, the Software Update window will automatically open, and you can download the macOS 12 Beta.
- When the download is complete, you'll see a new window to install macOS Monterey Developer Beta.
- Install macOS 12 Beta on your Mac.
Bonus Tip: How to Clean and Speed up Your Mac on macOS Monterey
As you know, macOS Monterey has a lot of user-friendly new features. But these new features may also put pressure on your RAM and cause your Mac to run slowly. Therefore, we introduce you to BuhoCleaner, one of the best Mac cleaning apps. Simple and easy to use, BuhoCleaner enables you to clean and speed up your Mac on macOS Monterey like a pro. Here are some of its noticeable features: cache files and log files cleaning, unwanted apps removal, duplicate and large files deletion, and startup items management.
Download its free version from here.
The Bottom Line
Now you have learned how to download and install the public beta and developer beta of macOS Monterey on your Mac. Now it's your turn to try.
By the way, BuhoCleaner can help you clean and speed up your Mac easily and quickly on macOS Monterey. It's worth a try.
If you find this article helpful, do share it with your friends.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download