3 Ways to Unlock iPhone 12 without Passcode or Face ID
Summary: In this blog post, you will get to know 3 ways to unlock iPhone 12 without passcode or Face ID.
There's nothing more annoying than owning an iPhone 12 but not being able to unlock it because you forgot your passcode. Fortunately, it’s possible to unlock it without passcode or Face ID.
If your iPhone 12 is disabled because you forgot the passcode and you don't know what to do, keep reading this blog and we will show you 3 ways to unlock your iPhone without passcode or Face ID.
Let's get started.
How to Unlock iPhone 12 with Security Lockout
Security Lockout is a new feature on iOS 15.2 and later that lets you wipe all the data on your iPhone to help you unlock it.
If you enter the wrong passcode too many times on the iPhone Lock Screen, you'll see the Security Lockout screen with an Erase button in the bottom right corner.
To unlock your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Tap the Erase button on the Security Lockout screen.
- Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of Apple ID on your device.
- Tap Erase and follow the onscreen instructions to permanently delete everything on your iPhone.
- Once done, set up your iPhone and restore a backup from iCloud or your computer (if you have one).
How to Unlock iPhone 12 with iCloud
The above method works on iPhones running iOS 15.2 and later. So how do you unlock an iPhone running 15.1 or earlier?
Don’t panic. iCloud is here to help. No matter what iOS version your iPhone uses, once your iPhone has a data connection and its Find My iPhone feature is turned on, you can easily unlock it using iCloud.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit icloud.com on your computer, iPad or other iPhone.
- Enter your Apple ID and authenticate your identity.
- Tap the Find My iPhone feature and select All Devices.
- Select your iPhone 12 and tap the Erase button.
- After the restore process is done, set up your iPhone.
How to Unlock iPhone 12 with Finder or iTunes
If neither of the above methods works, use Finder or iTunes to unlock your iPhone 12 on your computer.
- A Mac or PC
- A USB cable
Here are the steps:
Turn off your iPhone.
Press the appropriate key to put your iPhone into recovery mode.
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and successors, iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation): Use the Side button.
- Phone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Use the Volume Down button.
- Phone SE (1st generation), iPhone 6s, and earlier models: Use the Home button.
Release the key(s) until you see the following screen.
Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
Open Finder or iTunes on your computer.
- For Macs running Catalina and later, use Finder.
- For Macs running Mojave and earlier, use iTunes.
- For PCs running Windows 10 and later, use iTunes.
Click the iPhone icon in the sidebar (Finder) or toolbar (iTunes) and you will see your iPhone information.
Click Restore and follow the onscreen instructions to erase your iPhone.
- Set up your iPhone after the restore process is completed.
We hope you have successfully unlocked your iPhone 12. As you can see, all of these methods will delete all content and settings on your iPhone. If you've ever backed up your iPhone, you can easily restore your files from backup archives. If not, you'll lose everything on your iPhone. Therefore, it is recommended that you back up your iPhone regularly.
Which method worked best for you? Do you have any other better methods to recommend? Let us know via Facebook or Twitter.