[3 Ways] How to Unlock an iPhone without Passcode (2023)
Summary: Forgot your iPhone passcode and put it into disabled mode due to excessive passcode attempts? You can read this article to find out 2023 the best methods to unlock an iPhone without knowing or using the passcode.
The iPhone passcode is set to protect your sensitive data from prying eyes, it's also a safe vault for keeping your device from unauthorized access. However, occasionally you may have locked yourself out of your iPhone during an unsuccessful device setup or just forgot a recently changed passcode.
Read this article to find out how to unlock an iPhone without passcode. Many tried-and-true methods are included. Let's find them out.
How to Unlock iPhone without Passcode - iTunes
For whatever iPhone issues you have, one of the very last methods you can try is to restore your iPhone. So what does iPhone Restore do (not iPhone backup restore)? Simply put, the Restore iPhone is like erasing all the content and settings on your iPhone which you can do by putting your iPhone into Recovery Mode > Open iTunes > Restore. It will wipe all the data as well as the forgotten passcode on your iPhone. Here are detailed steps to go.
How-To Steps To Unlock an iPhone without Passcode with iTunes:
- Before starting to unlock your iPhone without passcode, make sure you have either a Mac or a Windows PC computer that has the latest version of iTunes installed. Also, check you have the original Apple cable to connect your device to your computer.
- Unplug your iPhone from the computer if it’s connected and then shut it down. The method to turn off an iPhone varies based on the device model you’re using.
Here are detailed steps on how to shut down an iPhone per your iPhone model:
- To shut down an iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X/Xr/Xs, iPhone 11/12/13 (Pro/Pro Max/Mini), including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation): Press and hold both the Side button and the Volume Down button until you see the Power Off slider.
- To shut down an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6: Press and hold the Side button until the Power Off slider appears.
- To shut down an iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 5s/4s/4, and earlier: Press and hold the Top button until the Power Off slider appears.
When you see the Power Off slider showing on your iPhone screen, drag the slider to turn off your iPhone, then wait a minute to make sure that it turns off completely.
- Next, put your iPhone in recovery mode. YES, the method of doing so depends on what iPhone model you have. Find the correct button/button combo per your iPhone model, and hold until you go to the next step.
- For an iPhone 13/12/11 (Pro/Pro Max/Mini), iPhone X/Xr/Xs, iPhone 8/8 Plus, including iPhone SE (2020 and 2022) use the Side button.
- For an iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus use the Volume Down button.
- For an iPhone SE (1st generation), and iPhone 6s, iPhone 5/5s/5c/4s/4 and earlier use the Home button.
Then, press and hold the right button firmly while immediately connecting your iPhone to the computer. Don't lose the button until you see the Recovery Mode screen showing on your iPhone.
- Open the Finder app on your Mac or iTunes on your Windows PC. Locate your iPhone and when you see a dialogue saying There is a problem with the iPhone "iPhone" that requires it to be updated or restored, you have two options Update or Restore. Use Restore to unlock your iPhone without passcode.
When the iPhone Restore process is finished, disconnect your iPhone from the computer, then set up and use your iPhone as new.
How to Unlock iPhone without Passcode - iCloud
If your iPhone is out of hand and you want to unlock and erase your device remotely, iCloud is a good place to go. By doing so, you can unlock your iPhone passcode even without having a computer. One side note is that the Activation Lock remains on protecting the device even after it gets unlocked. Your Apple ID and password are required to reactivate the device.
Here's what you need to do:
Log in to iCloud.com on your browser app > Find iPhone.
Click All Devices, then select the device you want to unlock without the passcode.
Click Erase [device] > Enter your Apple ID password when asked > If you are using your own computer click Trust to skip the verification step.
After erasing your device, you can restore the information on it with an existing backup. This way, the iPhone passcode would be unlocked.
How to Unlock iPhone with BuhoUnlocker
Have neither iTunes installed on your computer nor access to iCloud? Don’t worry. BuhoUnlocker is one of the most simple and efficient iPhone Passcode Unlocker software that can help you get rid of forgotten iPhone passcode. Besides, even if your iPhone is locked up by Face ID, Touch ID, or Apple MDM, you can submit your device to BuhoUnlocker to get full access to your device.
- Download and install BuhoUnlocker on your computer.
- Launch it and click Unlock Screen Passcode > Start.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and put it into recovery mode.
- Download the latest iOS firmware for your device, click Start Unlock, and wait for the unlocking process to complete.
- When your iPhone restarts, set up your iPhone.
Have you successfully unlocked your iPhone using the suggestions above, or do you still need some guidance to handle your locked-up iPhone device? We hope the suggestions provided can assist you in resolving the issue soon.
Living in New Jersey, Peter Aaron is an Apple technician focused on iPhone and iOS repairs. Meanwhile, he's also a senior writer at Dr.Buho, with a simple mission to help fix Apple things that are with software or hardware glitches.