Apple ID Login and Sign-Up: How to Create a New Apple ID
What is Apple ID? Apple ID is the key to access all Apple devices and services. With an Apple ID account, you can access and use various Apple devices and services like iPhone, iPad, Mac, App Store, iCloud, iTunes, Apple Music, Apple TV, FaceTime, iMessage, and more. It also syncs your data across all your Apple devices to let you easily access them. Some third-party services and apps also allow you to sign up and log in with your Apple ID.
Check the detailed Apple ID login and sign-up guide below.
Apple ID Login/Sign-in
If you already have an Apple ID, you can easily log into your Apple ID account on the web or iPhone/iPad/Mac.
Sign into Apple ID on the Web
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com/ in a browser and click the Sign In button.
- Enter your account name and password to log in to your Apple ID account.
Apple ID Login on iPhone/iPad
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap “Sign in to your iPhone” or “Sign in to your iPad”.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to log in. You may be asked to enter a verification code via your phone number.
Log Into Apple ID on Mac
- Click the Apple menu icon at the top-left corner of your Mac screen. Select System Settings.
- Click “Sign in with your Apple ID” on the left.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to log into your Apple ID on your Mac. After that, your Mac computer will be associated with your Apple ID and data like photos, contacts, documents, etc. The data will be stored in iCloud so you can access them on other devices.
Use Apple ID to Log into Third-party Services
To log into a third-party app or service that supports Apple account login, you can go to its login page or screen, click “Continue with Apple” or a similar option, and enter your Apple ID and password to easily sign in.
Apple ID Sign Up – Create a New Apple ID Account
If you don’t have an Apple ID yet, you can create a new one. You can sign up for an Apple ID account via various methods, such as via a web browser, via Settings on an Apple device, via App Store or iCloud, or set up an Apple ID during the initial setup of your new Apple device. Check the step-by-step guide below to easily create Apple ID on iPhone/iPad/Mac/Windows.
Create an Apple ID via a Web Browser
- Open a web browser and visit https://appleid.apple.com/account.
- Enter the required information, such as your name, country/region, email address, password, phone number, etc. Then click Continue.
- Complete the verification process. You may be asked to confirm your email address or phone number to verify your identity.
Create a New Apple ID on iPhone/iPad
- Tap the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap "Sign in to your iPhone" or “Sign in to your iPad”.
- Tap “Don’t have an Apple ID”.
- Enter your name, birthday, email address, etc. The email address you provide will be your new Apple ID. Set a strong password and follow the on-screen prompts to set up your Apple account.
If you are setting up a new iPhone or iPad, you can tap “Create a Free Apple ID” in the setup process and follow the instructions to create a new Apple ID.
Make an Apple ID on Mac
- Click Apple menu > System Settings.
- Click “Sign in with your Apple ID” in the left panel.
- Click Create Apple ID in the right window and follow the guidance to continue setting up your Apple account.
Create Apple Account with App Store
- Open App Store on your iPhone/iPad/Mac.
- Click the Sign In button.
- Choose Create New Apple ID.
- Enter an email address and create a strong password. Fill in other information and follow the instructions to complete the Apple ID sign-up process.
Set Up an Apple ID via iCloud
- Go to https://www.icloud.com/ in your browser.
- Click the Sign In button.
- Click Create Apple ID in the “Sign in with Apple ID” screen.
- Fill in the required information to create your Apple ID.
Create Apple ID on Windows
If you want to create an Apple ID on a Windows computer, you can go to appleid.apple.com or www.icloud.com, click Sign In, and click Create Apple ID to continue.
7 Tips to Fix Apple ID Login Issues
If you have problems with logging into your Apple ID account, you may try the tips below to fix Apple ID login issues.
Tip 1. Check your internet connection. Restart your network.
Tip 2. Restart your Apple device.
Tip 3. Check the Apple System Status page to check if the Apple ID service is available.
Tip 4. If you can't sign into Apple ID, try another device or method to see if you can log in. Several methods are introduced above.
Tip 5. Reset Apple ID Password
If you forgot your Apple ID password, you can go to https://appleid.apple.com/sign-in in a browser and click the “Forgot Apple ID or password” link to open the Apple ID password reset page. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Apple ID password. Then try to log in with the new password.
Tip 6. Update your device to the latest version.
Tip 7. Contact Apple Support for help.
This post mainly provides an Apple ID login/sign-up guide to help you easily create a new Apple ID to access various Apple devices and services. Some tips to help you fix Apple ID sign-in issues are also offered.