How to Change/Update Apple ID Settings on Mac or iPhone/iPad
Your Apple ID is the account you use to access various Apple services and apps like App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, iCloud, Find My, etc. If you want to change or update your Apple ID settings, you can check the step-by-step guide below.
How to Update Apple ID Settings on Mac (Sonoma/Ventura)
- To change or update your Apple ID settings on your Mac (Sonoma/Ventura), you can click the Apple menu > System Settings.
- Click your Apple ID name at the top of the sidebar to access your Apple ID settings screen. If you are not signed in, you can click “Sign in with your Apple ID” to log into your Apple ID on your Mac.
- Then you can manage your Apple ID settings on Mac. Select an option to continue.
- Name, Phone, Email: You can change your personal information like your Apple ID name, photo, phone, email, and other associated information.
- Password & Security: Change your Apple ID password, turn on two-factor authentication, add or remove Account Recovery Contacts, and modify other security settings related to your Apple ID.
- Payment & Shipping: Set up the payment method and the shipping information associated with your Apple ID.
- Media & Purchases: View and manage your subscriptions and purchases associated with your Apple ID.
- iCloud: Access and set up iCloud on your Mac, choose the iCloud features, manage iCloud storage, etc.
- Sign Out: Click this button to sign out of your Apple ID on your Mac.
How to Update Apple ID Settings on iPhone/iPad (iOS 17/16)
- To change Apple ID settings on your iPhone or iPad (iOS 17/16 devices), you can click Settings to open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap your name at the top to open your Apple ID profile screen.
- Then you can update your Apple ID account settings. You can tap “Password & Security” to update your Apple ID password or other security settings. You can also tap “Name, Phone Numbers, Email” to update your contact information.
- After editing your Apple ID settings, you can save the changes.
Change or Update Apple ID Settings via a Web Browser
- You can also change your Apple ID settings through a browser. Open your web browser and go to appleid.apple.com.
- Click the Sign In button to enter your Apple ID email and password to sign in to your Apple ID account.
- On your Apple ID account page, you can change your contact information, security settings, payment information, etc.
Fix “Update Apple ID Settings Stuck” on Mac/iPhone – 7 Tips
If updating Apple ID settings is stuck or not working on your Mac or iPhone/iPad, you can try the 7 tips below to fix the issue.
- Make sure your device is well connected to the network.
- Restart your Mac computer or iPhone/iPad and try again.
- Update your Mac or iOS device to the latest version.
- Sign out of your Apple ID and sign back in again.
- Use a professional iPhone repair tool like BuhoRepair to repair your device.
- Contact the Official Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for help.
- Back up your iPhone/iPad and reset its settings. Back up your Mac and reinstall macOS or reset your Mac. Do remember to back up important data on the device before you reset it.
This article offers step-by-step guides for how to update Apple ID settings on iPhone or Mac. Some tips to help you fix the “update Apple ID settings stuck” are also included. Hope it helps.