Top 5 Best Memory (RAM) Cleaners for Mac in 2024
Summary: This guide will walk you through the top 5 memory cleaners for Mac. Choose one to free up your RAM.
Insufficient memory can cause poor Mac performance. To better control your memory usage, you need a memory cleaner for Mac.
Not sure what the best memory cleaner for Mac is? Check out this blog and you'll find 5 memory-cleaning utilities worth checking out. Without further ado, let's see which one is best for you.
BuhoCleaner, as the name suggests, is a cleaner designed for Mac users. Not only does it help you clean your Mac, but it also lets you monitor and manage the system resources that are being used. Once you find that your memory is almost full, you can release it with one click.
- Free and user-friendly
- One-click memory (RAM) release
- System status monitoring in the menu bar
- Cleans and speeds up your Mac
- Only allows deletion of files up to 3GB for free
2. Memory Clean 3
Memory Clean 3 is a simple and lightweight memory cleaner. It shows how much memory space is available in the menu bar. And if you click on its icon, you can easily see which apps are using the most memory space. Also, it will show you inactive apps which you can close to free up more memory space.
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- One-click memory cleaning
- Notifications for inactive apps
- Offers a 3-day free trial
- Limited features in the free version
3. Nektony Memory Cleaner
This memory cleaner is developed by Nektony. It can display your memory usage in the menu bar, and show detailed memory information, such as which apps are eating up your memory space. What makes this tool special is that it can automatically release memory.
- Free and easy to use
- Automatic memory cleaning
- Displays memory and disk usage
- Requires payment to use the Disk Usage panel
4. Memory Diag
Another tool you can try is Memory Diag. It helps you keep an eye on your memory usage and allows you to recycle memory manually or automatically. Unlike other memory cleaners, Memory Diag gives you more freedom to customize its appearance and menu bar icon.
- Lists apps with significant memory usage
- Automatic system memory recycling
- Customizable menu bar icon and theme
- No recent updates
MacKeeper is known as a Mac cleaner, but it also comes with a memory cleaning feature. With this tool, you can free up memory on your Mac by identifying and closing memory-hogging apps and processes.
- Identifies memory-consuming apps
- Sorts apps by RAM usage
- One-click RAM freeing
- No memory usage monitoring in the menu bar
As you can see, all of these tools have pros and cons, and it's hard to say which one is the best. Just choose according to your needs.
Now that you have the 5 best Mac memory cleaners, which one would you like to try first?
I'm Sarahi Johns, a tech enthusiast with a deep passion for all things iPhone, iPad and Mac. With expertise in crafting engaging tech content, I've authored numerous articles in the past 10 years, making me a trusted source for Apple enthusiasts.