Top 5 Best Memory (RAM) Cleaners for Mac in 2023
Summary: In this guide, we will walk you through the 5 best memory cleaners for Mac.
Insufficient memory can cause poor Mac performance. To better control your memory usage, you need a memory cleaner.
Not sure what the best memory cleaner for Mac is? Check out this blog and you'll find 5 memory cleaning utilities worth checking out. Without further ado, let's see which one is best for you.
BuhoCleaner, as the name suggests, is a cleaner designed for Mac users. Not only does it help you clean your Mac, but it also lets you monitor and manage the system resources that are being used. Once you find that your memory is almost full, you can release it with one click.
- It's free and easy to use.
- You can free up memory (RAM) with one click.
- It monitors system status in the menu bar.
- It can clean and speed up your Mac.
You can only delete files up to 3GB for FREE.
Memory Clean 3
Memory Clean 3 is a simple and lightweight memory cleaner. It shows how much memory space available in the menu bar. And if you click on its icon, you can easily see which apps are using the most memory space. Also, it will show you inactive apps which you can close to free up more memory space.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- Cleans memory with one click.
- Inactive app notifications.
- 3 days free trial.
- Limited feature with the free version.
Nektony Memory Cleaner
This memory cleaner is developed by Nektony. It can display your memory usage in the menu bar, and show the detailed memory information, such as which apps are eating up your memory space. What makes this tool special is that it can automatically release memory.
- Free and easy to use.
- Automatic memory cleaning.
- Displays memory usage and disk usage.
- Paid to use the Disk Usage panel.
Another tool you can try is Memory Diag. It helps you keep an eye on your memory usage and allows you to recycle memory manually or automatically. Unlike other memory cleaners, Memory Diag gives you more freedom to customize its apperance and menu bar icon.
- Lists apps with significant memory usage.
- Automatic system memory recycle.
- Customizable menu bar icon and theme.
- It hasn't been updated for a long time.
MacKeeper is known as a Mac cleaner, but it also comes with memory cleaning feature. With this tool, you can free up memory on your Mac by identifying and closing memory-hogging apps and processes.
- Finds the biggest memory gobblers.
- Sorts apps by RAM usage.
- Frees up RAM with one click.
- You can't monitor memory usage in the menu bar.
As you can see, all of these tools have pros and cons, and it's hard to say which one is the best. Just choose according to your needs.
Now that you have the 5 best Mac memory cleaners, which one do you like to try first?