How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Startup of Mac
Summary: Is it annoying that Spotify starts up automatically when you boot your Mac? Here is a guide on how to stop it from opening at Mac startup.
Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming service providers, allowing you to access millions of legal songs and podcasts. If you use it on a Mac, you may notice that it launches automatically when you log in to your Mac. Want to prevent it from opening at startup? Read this blog, and you'll learn four ways to do so.
Also Read: How to Remove Startup Programs on Mac
1. How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Mac Startup with Spotify's Settings
- Launch Spotify on your Mac.
- Click on the Spotify menu and choose Preferences.
- Scroll the page to the bottom and select Advanced Settings.
- Find Startup and window behavior.
- Click the drop-down menu next to it and choose No.
- Quit Spotify.
2. How to Prevent Spotify from Opening on Mac Startup with System Preferences
With System Preferences, you can manage all your login items easily. Here are the steps:
- Click the Apple icon > System Preferences > Users and Groups.
- Click the Login Items Tab.
- Click on the padlock, then type in your password.
- From the Login Items list, select Spotify and click on the Minus (ー) button to remove it.
3. How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Mac Startup with BuhoCleaner
As one of the best startup manager apps for Mac, BuhoCleaner allows you to stop Spotify from opening at startup with just a few clicks. Beyond that, it can also help you disable or delete some unnecessary launch daemons and launch agents quickly.
- Download and install BuhoCleaner on your Mac.
- Click the Startup Items tab and scan your Mac.
- Locate Spotify and click the green button next to it to change its status to Disabled. If you want to remove it from your login list, right-click on it and choose Remove.
4. How to Stop Spotify from Launching on Mac Startup with Dock
Another way to prevent Spotify from auto-login is to use the Dock. When you launch Spotify, its icon will appear in the Dock. Right-click its icon, hover your mouse over Options, and uncheck Open at Login.
There you have four ways to make Spotify stop launching on Mac startup. Just choose the most convenient way for you. By the way, if you want to disable or move more startup programs quickly, we strongly recommend that you use BuhoCleaner. It is very easy to use and can be downloaded for free. Have a try now.