3 Ways To Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password
Summary: If you want to securely erase information from your iPhone and restore your device to factory settings, you'll be asked to enter your Apple ID passcode. What if you have no credentials for the registered Apple ID? Here's the answer.
Whether you want to sell out your used iPhone, or want to troubleshoot some hard issues, the last defense is to perform a factory reset on your device. If you forgot your Apple ID passcode, and the required steps for the reset, you can refer to this article to find a solution.
What Does iPhone Factory Reset Do?
A factory reset on iPhone, also known as iPhone Hard Reset or Master Reset, is an iOS software restore to its original system state by erasing all of the information stored on the device. With a combination of button inputs, you can factory reset an iPhone and restore the device to its original manufacturer settings. It's the most complete and efficient way to wipe out all data and content upon an iPhone.
How To Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password - iTunes
In iOS 15 and later, you can erase/factory reset your iPhone from the Settings app. To do so: go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings. Factory resetting your iPhone requires you to sign out of your Apple ID before continuing, which will ask you to enter your Apple ID passcode.
If your iPhone is enabled with the Find My service, you will have to enter the Apple ID passcode to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock.
If Find My iPhone is disabled on the device, you can follow the steps below to learn how to use Finder / iTunes to factory reset your iPhone without an Apple ID passcode.
How-To Steps To Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password:
- Power off your iPhone using button/buttons mentioned below.
To shut down an iPhone 8/8 Plus and all newer models: Press and hold both the Side button and the Volume Down button until you see the Power Off slider.
To shut down an iPhone 7/7 Plus, or iPhone 6/6s Plus: Press and hold the Side button until you see the Power Off slider.
To shut down an iPhone SE (1st generation) and all earlier models: Press and hold the Top button until the Power Off slider appears.
After seeing the Power Off slider, drag the slider (left to right) to turn off your iPhone.
- Use the correct button/button combo per your iPhone model to put your iPhone in recovery mode.
- For an iPhone 8/8 Plus and all newer models (iPhone 13/12/11/Xs/Xr/X) use the Side button.
- For an iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus use the Volume Down button.
- For an iPhone SE (1st generation), and iPhone 6s, iPhone 5/5s/5c/4s/4 and earlier use the Home button.
Next, press and hold the right button tightly and immediately connect your iPhone to the computer. Don't release the button until you see the Recovery Mode screen (you can see a computer icon and a USB cable) showing on your iPhone.
- Open the Finder app on your Mac (macOS ) or the iTunes app on your Windows PC computer. On the left sidebar of iTunes/Finder, you can find your iPhone icon. Use Restore iPhone to factory reset your iPhone without an Apple ID passcode.
- Click Restore and Update if your iPhone is not running the latest version of iOS software. Then you can follow its onscreen instructions to complete this process. After finishing the iPhone Restore, now you can disconnect your iPhone from the computer, then set up and use your iPhone as new.
How To Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password - BuhoUnlocker
Alternatively, you can use BuhoUnlocker to factory reset your iPhone. It's important to note that this tool will only work if your Find My is off, otherwise your iPhone will be stuck on iCloud Activation Lock after a reset.
Still want to give it a try? Please do the following:
- Download and install BuhoUnlocker on your computer.
- Launch it, select Unlock Screen Passcode or Remove Screen Time Passcode, then click Start.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable, then put your iPhone into recovery mode.
- Download the latest firmware for your iPhone, click Start Unlock, and wait for the unlocking process to complete.
- When your device restarts, set it up.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password - iCloud Bypass Tools
The methods above will work if you have Find My disabled on your iPhone. What if Find My is enabled?
Don't panic. There are tons of iCloud bypass tools on the internet claiming that they can remove activation lock from your iPhone effortlessly. Please note that they can cause issues with your iPhone, or even brick it, because they jailbreak your device to bypass iCloud Activation Lock. If you don't know much about jailbreaking, we recommend that you try resetting your Apple ID or contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Now can you factory reset your iPhone without an Apple ID passcode? If you still have any questions, feel free to ask us and we are happy to help. At last, don’t forget to download BuhoUnlocker to start solving your iPhone passcode issues.