3 Ways to Find and Delete Duplicate Photos on Mac (2022)
Summary: Duplicate photos cluttering up your precious Mac storage space? We will show you how to easily find and delete them from your Mac.
Duplicate photos take up your valuable space. Want to know how to get rid of them from your Mac? Read on this blog, and you will find some quick ways to find and delete duplicate photos.
Why Are There Duplicate Photos on My Mac?
Duplicate photos can be created in many situations, such as:
- Import photos from mobile phones and cameras.
- Accidentally copied a picture.
- Saved the same image multiple times.
Duplicate photos take up your space for nothing. It is recommended that you delete them from your Mac. Move to the next step to learn how.
How to Quickly Find and Delete All Duplicate Photos on Mac
The easiest way to find and remove duplicate photos on Mac is to use BuhoCleaner, one of the best duplicate photo finder. It allows you to find duplicate photos in the Photos app and in every folder on your Mac. Also, it detects duplicate folders, songs, documents, videos, etc. Deleting duplicates has never been easier.
Here're the steps:
- Download, install, and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click Duplicates in the sidebar and click the + button to choose a folder you want to scan.
- After the scanning process is complete, you can find all the duplicate files on your Mac.
- Click the Image tab, and you will find a list of duplicate photos.
- From the Select Duplicates menu, choose Smart Select to select all duplicate photos with one click and click the Remove button. BuhoCleaner is more than a duplicate photo finder. It is also a handy cleaner that allows you to clear junk files from the system, apps, and users, uninstall unwanted apps, delete large files, manage startup programs, analyzer disk space, and more. It is worth a try.
How to Manually Find and Remove Duplicates in the Photos App
The Photos App will automatically detect duplicate photos when you import pictures into it. But if the photos are already in your Photo Library, you can manually delete them using the Photos App.
- Open the Photo App.
- From the File menu, select New Smart Album.
- In the new window, name your Smart Album and set filter criteria.
- Select the photos you want to remove, right-click one of them, and then click Delete X Photos.
- Confirm your deletion and click the Delete button.
- In the app's sidebar, click Recently Deleted > Delete All.
Apple introduced Duplicates feature in Photos on macOS Ventura. Now you can easily remove duplicate photos and videos from library. Basically, your duplicate photos and videos will automatically appear in the Duplicates album in the sidebar. If you can't find it, please wait hours or days, as Photos will take some time to scan and analyze your photo library.
How to Manually Find and Delete Duplicate Photos on Mac with Finder
Finder comes with the feature of finding duplicate photos on your Mac. All you need is the New Smart Folder. Here are the steps:
- Open Finder and click File > New Smart Folder.
- Click the + button below the search box.
- Select Kind in the 1st drop-down menu and Image in the 2nd drop-down menu.
- Sort the files in the list by name. Duplicate photos usually have the same name, and they should be next to each other.
- Select the files you want to get rid of and move them to the Trash.
- Empty your Trash.
Now you have learned how to find and delete duplicate photos on your Mac. The manual way is time-consuming. It is recommended that you use BuhoCleaner to do the job for you.
If you find this article help, share it on Facebook and Twitter.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download