iPhone Passcode Not Working? Here's How to Fix It 
This post is about “iPhone passcode not working” fixes. The possible reasons will be introduced first to better solve this problem. And then comes with the 7 effective and easy solutions. Just keep reading.
Some users complain about an iPhone passcode not working problem after updating the iOS system. Others got unworking iPhones for several wrong attempts on the iPhone screen passcode. (However, you may insist that the passcode is correct. It may be that you just changed the passcode and forgot that, or the passcode was changed by someone else.)
But don’t worry. Whether you are in the situation of updating your iPhone recently or forgetting iPhone passcode, you can easily get out of iPhone passcode not working problem with the following 7 useful solutions. Learn more details below！
Why Is Your iPhone Passcode Not Working?
Since you cannot see the passcode you entered, sometimes there may be mistaken presses. Before you are locked out of your iPhone, you can still have another try at the iPhone screen passcode.
However, it’s worth noting that if you enter the wrong passcode 10 times, you will be locked out of your iPhone forever. The reasons why your iPhone passcode is not working are mainly:
- iOS software glitches after updating the iOS system.
- You/Others changed the passcode but you forget/don’t know.
- Mistaken presses/touches.
- Your iPhone’s password file is corrupted.
- The failed iOS update.
- No enough power.
How to Fix iPhone Passcode Not Working
Now since you already have a general understanding of why the iPhone passcode not working, let’s move to the practical methods to fix it. In total, 7 methods will be introduced in detail one by one below. Just select one according to your actual needs.
Pay attention that some methods may erase your iPhone data. And once deleted, you can never get your data back. So before you practice those methods, remember to back up your important data. While if you have already backed up your data before, just go ahead and try the method you like with no worries.
1. Fix Passcode Not Working on iPhone via Reboot iPhone
Rebooting iPhone may be the first method you want to try. It is convenient and will not cause data loss. So when you find your iPhone passcode not working, try to reboot your iPhone first.
The most occasional errors can be fixed by rebooting. After rebooting your iPhone, re-enter your passcode. See if rebooting works. If not, try other methods.
2. Fix Passcode Not Working on iPhone via BuhoUnlocker [Hot]
In the case that rebooting iPhone is unable to fix the iPhone passcode not working, you can try to remove the iPhone passcode that is not working and reset a new one. Although iTunes/Finder can remove the iPhone passcode too, it may ask you to enter the passcode to connect to iTunes if you have never trusted and synced your iPhone with your computer.
Since your iPhone passcode is not working at this time, you may fail to connect to iTunes/Finder. For security and success rate reasons, it is highly recommended that you use professional iPhone unlock software to fix it. And Buhounlocker is one of the best iPhone passcode unlockers.
It focuses on helping iPhone/iPad users get out of the passcode-locked issue. And it has now successfully helped many iPhone/iPad users unlock their iPhone screen passcode, iPhone screen time passcode, etc. Explore more surprising features in it.
- Removing the iPhone screen passcode will erase all your data. So be sure you have backed up your iPhone before. It is recommended that you back up your iPhone regularly to prevent data loss.
- If you backed up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes before, you can restore the backup after the setup screen.
3. Fix Passcode Not Working on iPhone via iTunes/Finder
As we mentioned above, iTunes can help you remove the iPhone passcode by restoring iPhone. Maybe you want to have a try.
In the case that you trusted and synced your iPhone with your computer before, you can connect to iTunes/Finder directly.
In the case that you never trusted or synced your iPhone with your computer, connecting to iTunes requires you to enter the recovery mode.
If you enable Show this iPhone when on Wi-Fi, then when your Mac and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network, your iPhone can connect to your Mac and sync automatically over Wi-Fi.
See if you can sync your iPhone with your computer via the same Wi-Fi. If yes, just back up your iPhone and then restore your iPhone. After restoring iPhone, you can restore your backup via iTunes/Finder.
Follow the steps below to fix iPhone passcode not working on iPhone via iTunes/Finder:
- For the case that you trusted and synced your iPhone with your computer before:
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open iTunes/Finder.
- Click your iPhone’s icon＞Restore iPhone.
- Wait for the restore process to be completed. Once finished, set up your iPhone.
- For the case that you never trust and sync your iPhone with your computer:
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Put your iPhone into recovery mode. (The way varies from iPhone models.)
- iTunes will detect your iPhone is in recovery mode, just click Restore.
- Wait for the restore process to be completed. When finished, set up your iPhone.
- Restore iPhone will erase all your data. But if you are in the first case, you can still back up your iPhone in iTunes/Finder. If not, you can never get your data back.
- For macOS Catalina 10.15 and later, open Finder. For macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier and PC, open iTunes.
4. Fix Passcode Not Working on iPhone via iCloud
iCloud is other than store and back up photos, videos, messages, etc. It can also help you remove the iPhone passcode and reset it. This method requires your Apple ID account and password. Just go to icloud.com and then follow the steps below to fix the passcode not working on iPhone:
- Click Sign In＞Enter your Apple ID.
- You may receive a two-factor authentication pop-up, you can skip it and click Find Devices below.
- Click All Devices, and then click your disabled iPhone icon.
- Click Erase iPhone.
- Set up your iPhone.
5. Fix Passcode Not Working on iPhone via Find My
Find My is a built-in app of Apple. And using Find My app to fix the iPhone passcode not working is quite easy. Find My can not only locate your iPhone, but also erase your iPhone.
It is especially convenient if you have another iOS device. Of course, you can also borrow one from your friends or family. This is a good choice for users who don’t have a computer and iTunes/Finder.
Already got one? Follow the tutorial below:
Open Find My app on your iOS device＞Sign in with your Apple ID＞Devices＞Click your disabled iPhone’s icon＞Erase This Device.
6. Fix Passcode Not Working on iPhone via Erase iPhone
In the case that your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 and later, you can erase iPhone and set up your iPhone directly on your iPhone. After 7 times wrong attempts, you will see the erase iPhone option on your screen.
So just follow the on-screen instruction to erase your iPhone. This process requires you to enter your Apple ID. Also, the network connection is a must.
7. Fix Passcode Not Working on iPhone via Third-Party Repair Software
Sometimes, entering iPhone passcode not working and iPhone won't accept correct passcode may be caused by a system glitch. If your iPhone not accepting passcode happens after you update your iOS system, you can use third-party repair software that allows you to downgrade your iOS system.
There are many professional iPhone repair software that can help you fix the iPhone system issue. Just choose the best one you like. When choosing one, take what are listed below as a reference:
- Success Rate
- Data Loss
- Ease of Use
Tips on iPhone Won't Accept Correct Passcode
Now that you know the possible reasons and solutions to fix the iPhone passcode not working issue. It’s time to pick some preventions in case you get into this problem again.
Avoid setting the iPhone screen passcode as the only way to access your iPhone. Face ID/Touch ID is also a common way to get access to your iPhone. And here we list three helpful suggestions on iPhone won’t accept correct passcode:
- Turn off the iPhone screen passcode via Settings.
- Enable Face ID/Touch ID.
- Back up your iPhone regularly so that even if you encounter this problem, you can remove the iPhone screen passcode with no worries.
In this post, 7 practical ways are introduced in detail for fixing your iPhone passcode not working issue. Those methods can be divided into two main parts: unlock the passcode and repair the system error.
No hesitating to rescue your iPhone using the above methods, as you can do nothing with a disabled iPhone. Hope these methods help you a lot!
Clare Weaver has been captivated by the world of Apple products since the launch of iconic iPhone in 2007. With a wealth of experience, Clare is your go-to source for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple.