How to Transfer Files between iPhone and Mac - 4 Ways
To transfer file between iPhone and Mac, you can use one of the methods below.
1. Transfer Files between iPhone and Mac with USB Cable
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using the USB cable.
Step 2. On your iPhone, if prompted, trust the computer.
Step 3. On your Mac, open Finder and select your iPhone from the sidebar.
Step 4. You can now browse and transfer files between your iPhone and Mac using Finder.
2. Transfer File between iPhone and Mac with AirDrop
To wirelessly transfer files from Mac to iPhone or from iPhone to Mac, you can use the AirDrop feature. Check the steps below.
Step 1. Make sure both your iPhone and Mac have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled. You can open settings on your device to enable them. Besides, bring your Mac and iPhone close to each other.
On your iPhone, open Control Center, press and hold the section that has Airplane Mode and Bluetooth buttons. Tap AirDrop and choose Everyone or Contacts Only to turn on AirDrop.
On your Mac, click Apple > System Settings > General > AirDrop & Handoff, and choose Everyone or Contacts Only to turn on AirDrop.
Step 3. Transfer files between Mac and iPhone.
To transfer files from iPhone to Mac:
- You can find the file(s) you want to transfer on your iPhone, tap the Share button, and choose your Mac from the AirDrop list.
- Accept the transfer on your Mac, and the file(s) will be saved in the Downloads folder by default.
To transfer files from Mac to iPhone:
- You can locate the target file in Finder and click the up-arrow Share button on the toolbar.
- Choose AirDrop and select the target iPhone from the list of nearby devices.
- On your iPhone, click Accept to receive the file transferred from your Mac.
3. Use iCloud to Transfer File between iPhone and Mac
You can use iCloud to easily sync files between Mac and iPhone. Check how to do it below.
Step 1. Make sure to sign in with the same Apple ID and enable iCloud Drive on both your iPhone and Mac.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > iCloud Drive, and enable it.
On your Mac, click Apple > System Settings > Apple ID > iCloud, and turn on iCloud Drive.
Step 2. Start the file transfer between iPhone and Mac.
To transfer files from iPhone to Mac:
- you can open the target file and tap the Share icon.
- Tap Save to Files and select iCloud Drive under Locations. Tap Save.
- Go to your Mac, open Finder and click iCloud Drive in the left sidebar. You will see the file transferred from your iPhone. If you want, you can save the file from iCloud to your local drive.
To sync files from Mac to iPhone:
- On your Mac, open Finder and click iCloud Drive in the sidebar.
- Drag and drop the files you want to transfer into the iCloud Drive folder, and they will sync across your devices including your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone, open the Files app, tap Browse and select iCloud Drive to access your iCloud Drive documents and files.
4. Use a Third-Party App or Cloud Service
There are some third-party apps that enable file transfer between an iPhone and Mac. You can also try some professional file transfer apps like EaseUS MobiMover, MobileTrans, etc.
You can also use a third-party cloud storage service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive. Install the app on both devices, upload the files from your iPhone, and access them on your Mac via the app or web interface.
Still, some communication apps also include a file transfer feature to let you easily transfer files between your Mac and iPhone.
Free Up Space on Your Mac with BuhoCleaner
If your Mac is running out of space or becomes slow, you can use BuhoCleaner to free up space and speed up your Mac.
BuhoCleaner is a professional Mac cleaner program that helps you deeply clean your Mac. You can use it to scan and remove junk data, deeply uninstall apps, find and delete large or duplicate files, free up RAM, analyze disk space, and more.
This post offers 4 methods to help you easily transfer files between your iPhone and Mac. You can choose the way that suits your needs and preferences. For more useful Mac and iPhone tricks, you may visit Dr.Buho’s official website.