How to Clear App Store Cache on Mac, iPhone, and iPad
This post is about how to clear the App Store cache on Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Keep reading for details.
Encountering App Store cache accumulating, App Store crash, or outdated App Store page problems？
Relax! Follow this guide and learn some easy and effective methods about how to clear the App Store cache on Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Keep reading!
What is App Store Cache?
The App Store cache belongs to the Application cache, which stores data/temporary files associated with the App Store to run this application. It can be used to speed up the launching and loading process of the App Store.
For common issues like App Store crashes/not loading/not updating, clearing the App Store cache can always be an effective solution.
How to Clear App Store Cache on Mac
To clear the App Store cache on Mac, there are mainly two ways - the manual way using Finder/Terminal and a quick way using Mac cache cleaner. Read on for the step-by-step guide below.
How to Clear App Store Cache on Mac with One Click
The easiest and fastest way to clear the App Store cache on Mac is to use a Mac cache cleaner. BuhoCleaner is one of the best Mac cache cleaners, which allows you to clear the App Store cache in one click.
In addition, you can view the size of the App Store cache via BuhoCleaner directly.
Here is how to clear the App Store cache on Mac with BuhoCleaner:
- Free download, install, and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click Flash Clean＞Scan＞View Details＞User Cache Files.
- Find and select App Store-related cache.
- Click the Remove button.
How to Manually Clear App Store Cache on Mac
There is also a manual way to clear the App Store cache on Mac. Although it's more complicated than the way we mentioned above, it is still worth a try.
Here is how:
- Open Terminal via Spotlight.
- Enter the command:
- Find and move com.apple.AppStore to Trash.
- Open Finder＞Click the Go menu＞Go to Folder＞Enter ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore/ ＞Move fsCachedData to Trash.
- Empty Trash.
How to Clear App Store Cache on iPhone/iPad
There are mainly 4 ways to clear the App Store cache on iPhone/iPad. Take a look at these ways and have a try:
- Clear app usage data: go to Settings＞App Store＞Personalized Recommendations ＞Clear App Usage Data.
- App switcher: swipe up to quit the App Store and it will reload the next time you open it.
- Offload App Store: go to Settings＞General＞iPhone Storage＞App Store＞Offload App.
- Force restart the App Store.
In this post, how to clear the App Store cache on Mac, iPhone, and iPad is introduced in detail. Go and try these methods now!
Clare Weaver has been captivated by the world of Apple products since the launch of iconic iPhone in 2007. With a wealth of experience, Clare is your go-to source for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple.