4 Quick Ways to Remove a Device from Your Apple ID
Summary: Before selling or giving away an Apple device, it's a good idea to remove it from your Apple ID. Don't know what to do? Read on to find out 4 ways.
Apple ID is essential to your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Mac. Before you can access all Apple services, you must sign in to your Apple ID account on your device. However, when you're selling, giving away, or trading in a device, it's recommended that you remove it from your Apple ID to avoid putting your private data at risk.
In the following sections, we'll show you how to remove a device from your Apple ID. Go and see which way works best for you.
How to Remove a Device from Your Apple ID Using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod
The best way to remove a device from your Apple ID is to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Here are the steps:
- Go to Settings and tap your username.
- Scroll your page to the list of trusted devices.
- Tap the device you want to remove, then tap Remove from account.
- Tap Remove again to confirm.
How to Remove a Device from Your Apple ID Using a Mac
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch is unavailable, use your Mac to remove the device from your Apple ID.
- Click the Apple menu.
- Select System Settings > Apple ID.
- Under the Devices panel, click the devirece you want to remove from your account.
- Click Remove from Account and confirm your removal.
How to Remove an Associated Device Using the Apple ID Account Page
The Apple ID account management page allows you to manage devices associated with your Apple ID. The steps are simple.
- Go to appleid.apple.com.
- Sign in to your account and you will see all the information about your Apple ID.
- Click Devices, and then select the device to delete.
- Click Remove from account and then click Remove this iPhone/iPad/Mac to confirm.
How to Remove a Device from Your Apple ID Using iCloud
There is another easy way to remove a device from your Apple ID - using iCloud. Here's what you need to do:
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in to your account.
- Click your name in the upper right corner and select Account Settings.
- Under My Devices, you can see all the devices connected to your iCloud.
- Select the device you want to remove and click the X icon next to the device to remove it from your account.
- When done, sign out of iCloud.
That's how to remove a device from your Apple ID. As you can see, all these methods are easy. All you need to do is choose the way you like.
One thing you should be aware of is that to permanently delete a device from your account page, sign out of iCloud, iTunes and the App Store, iMessage, FaceTime, and Game Center on that device, or delete all content and settings on that device.
I'm Robert Hunt, a tech-savvy fan with the love of all things Apple. As a hobbyist of gardening and meditation, I'm also a seasoned writer covering a wide array of Apple products, like iPhone, iPad, iOS and more.