2 Ways to Turn Off Lock Screen on iPhone 2023
Is the iPhone lock screen bothering you? Or do you want to access your iPhone without any restrictions? You have come to the right place. Here you will learn how to turn off the lock screen on your iPhone.
Lock screen is one of the most important security features on iOS. It protects your personal data from prying eyes. However, when you're reading a novel or want to focus more on the screen, you might want to disable this security feature from your iPhone.
If you don't know how to do it yet, read this blog and we'll share 2 ways with you.
How to Turn off Lock Screen on iPhone with Passcode
To turn on the lock screen on your iPhone, you need to enter your passcode, and the same goes for turning off the lock screen. Follow the steps below to disable the lock screen on your iPhone with passcode.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to find Face ID & Passcode, and tap it.
- Enter your screen passcode.
- Find Turn Passcode Off, tap it, and enter your screen passcode again to disable the lock screen.
How to Turn off Lock Screen on iPhone Without Passcode
As you can see, you can easily disable the lock screen on your iPhone if you know the screen passcode. What if you forget your screen passcode or your iPhone is disabled?
Don't panic. The good news is that there is a solution, and the bad news is that all content and settings on your iPhone will be lost.
Here's how to unlock your iPhone lock screen without passcode:
Remove iPhone Passcode with BuhoUnlocker
BuhoUnlocker is an iPhone unlocking tool designed to remove any type of lock on iPhone, such as screen lock, screen time passcode, Apple ID passcode, and MDM profile. No iOS skills are required.
- Download and install BuhoUnlocker on your computer.
- Launch it and click Remove Screen Lock > Start.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable, and then follow the prompts to put your iPhone into recovery mode.
- Download the latest firmware for your iPhone, click Start Unlock, and wait for the unlocking process to complete.
- When your iPhone restarts, your lock screen will be removed.
Restore iPhone with Finder or iTunes
If you want to remove the lock screen on your iPhone manually, use Finder on Mac or iTunes on Windows. Note that you'll need to put your iPhone into recovery mode to help Finder or iTunes recognize your iPhone. Here's how:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open Finder on Mac and iTunes on Windows.
- Put your iPhone into recovery mode to help Finder and iTunes detect it.
- When prompted by Finder or iTunes, choose Restore.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your iPhone.
- When your iPhone displays the hello screen, set up your iPhone.
Remotely Erase iPhone with iCloud
Both of the above methods require a computer. What if you don't have a computer handy? Is there a way to take the lock screen off your iPhone without passcode and computer?
The answer is yes. You can use iCloud to do that, but only if your iPhone is connected to the Internet and Find My is turned on. Here's what you need to do:
- Go to icloud.com on another iPhone or iPad.
- Sign in to your iCloud account, then click Find My > All Devices.
- From the All Devices list, find the iPhone you want to erase, then tap on it.
- Tap Erase iPhone, enter your Apple ID password, and tap Next Step.
- When the erasing process is complete, set up your iPhone as new.
Bonus Tips: How to Change Auto-Lock Time and Turn Off Auto-Lock on iPhone
Lock screen on your iPhone has more advantages than disadvantages. It is recommended that you turn it on. If you don't want to be bothered by the auto-lock feature while reading or concentrating on your iPhone, adjusting the auto-lock time or turning off the auto-lock is your best option.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock.
- To change the Auto-Lock time, select the time that works best for you.
- To turn off Auto-Lock, select Never.
The Bottom Line
We hope you have successfully removed the lock screen on your iPhone. It's worth noting that not having a lock screen puts your data at risk. If your iPhone is lost or stolen, anyone can access your iPhone. So instead of disabling the lock screen, consider changing the auto-lock time or turning off auto-lock on your iPhone.