Fix “Apple ID Verification Failed” Error with 10 Ways
What Causes the “Apple ID Verification Failed” Error?
The “Apple ID verification failed” error can be caused by various reasons. Some common causes and error messages are listed below.
- Incorrect Apple ID email address or password.
- Two-factor authentication issues.
- The Apple ID account may be disabled or locked.
- Device system issues.
- Network errors.
- Verification timeout.
- Apple’s server issues.
- And more.
Common error messages:
- Verification failed your Apple ID or password is incorrect.
- Verification failed there was an error connecting to the Apple ID server.
- Verification failed this Apple ID is not active.
- Apple ID verification failed this action cannot be completed.
- Apple ID verification failed an unknown error occurred.
- Update Apple ID settings verification failed.
- Verification failed Apple ID when setting up new iPhone.
How to Fix “Apple ID Verification Failed” Issue – 10 Ways
If you are facing the “Apple ID verification failed” error on your iPhone or Mac, you can try the 10 solutions below to fix the issue.
1. Enter the Right Verification Code
If you have enabled Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID account, you should enter the right verification code that is sent to your trusted device. If it says verification timeout, you can resend the code and enter the new verification code. If you have another trusted device linked to your Apple ID, you can try to use it to verify your identity.
2. Check Your Apple ID Email and Password
Double-check the email address and password of your Apple ID account and make sure they are correct. Pay attention to the Caps Lock.
3. Reset Your Apple ID Password
If the Apple ID verification is still failed saying your Apple ID or password is incorrect, you may reset your Apple ID password. You can visit the iForgot Apple ID website to easily recover your Apple ID.
4. Check Apple’s Server Status
If it says there was an error connecting to the Apple ID server when you verify your Apple ID, you can go to the Apple System Status website to check if the Apple ID service is working well.
5. Restart Your Device and Try Again
A simple device restart may help fix many minor issues. You can restart your Mac, iPhone, or iPad to see if it helps fix the “Apple ID verification failed” error.
6. Update Your Device System
You can also update your device’s operating system to a newer version to see if the issue can be fixed. OS updates can fix help system bugs and issues.
7. Reconnect Your Network
If the internet connection is weak or unstable, it may cause the “verification failed Apple ID” error. Make sure your device is well connected to the network. You can reconnect the network on your device or restart your modem and router to restart your network.
8. Unlock Your Apple ID
If it says your Apple ID is not active and cannot verify the account, your account may be temporarily disabled or locked for some reasons like too many unsuccessful login attempts or violation of terms. You can go to the Apple ID recovery website to follow the instructions to recover your Apple ID.
9. Set the Correct Date and Time on Your Device
The wrong date and time on your device may cause the verification failed error. Make sure your device’s date and time settings are accurate.
10. Contact Apple Support
If the problem persists and you still can’t sign into your Apple ID, contacting Apple Support for personalized assistance is a good option.
If you encounter the “verification failed Apple ID” error on your iPhone or Mac, you can try the 10 tips above to fix the issue.