5 Ways to Reset Your iPhone to Factory Settings 
Having trouble with your iPhone? Or want to sell or give away your iPhone? It is good to reset your device. This article will show you how to reset your iPhone to factory settings in 5 methods.
As iPhone users, we've all encountered various problems while using our devices. While some can be resolved with just a simple reboot, others may require a more drastic solution, such as a hard reset, or factory reset.
Not only is resetting your iPhone a great way to troubleshoot iOS issues, but it also provides an extra layer of protection for your personal data. If you're still unsure on how to reset your iPhone, keep reading for step-by-step instructions.
How to Return iPhone Settings to Their Defaults
Apple allows iPhone users to restore all or some iPhone settings to default. If you don't want to wipe your iPhone, or if you want to troubleshoot a network problem, follow these steps to return iPhone settings to factory defaults.
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset.
- Select the settings you want to reset, enter your screen passcode, and confirm your action.
How to Factory Reset iPhone with Settings
If your iPhone is working properly, you can quickly do a factory reset on your iPhone. Here's how:
- Backup your iPhone. (Skip this step if you already have a backup.)
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Cotent and Settings.
- Tap Continue, enter the passcode to unlock your iPhone, and tap Erase iPhone.
- Wait for your device to erase. When the reset is complete, you will see a hello screen on your iPhone.
How to Factory Reset iPhone with iTunes/Finder
Also, you can use a PC or Mac computer to reset your iPhone to factory settings.
Here's what you need to do:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac via a USB cable.
- Open Finder on Mac and iTunes on Windows.
- Click the iPhone icon in Finder or iTunes, and you will see your iPhone information.
- Back up your iPhone first if necessary.
- After the backup is complete, click the Restore iPhone button and follow the instructions to complete the reset steps.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
If you forgot your iPhone passcode or your iPhone is disabled, use BuhoUnlocker to factory reset your iPhone without passcode. BuhoUnlocker is a tool to unlock iOS devices, but it also has the function of resetting iPhone.
Here's how to reset your iPhone with BuhoUnlocker:
- Download and install BuhoUnlocker on your computer.
- Open BuhoUnlocker, select Unlock Screen Passcode or Remove Screen Time Passcode function, and click Start.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and put it into recovery mode.
- Download the firmware for your iPhone and wait for the unlock process to complete.
- When the hello screen appears on your iPhone, it means your iPhone is ready to use like new.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Computer
If your iPhone isn't available or you don't have a computer at hand, iCloud can be of help. It allows you to remotely erase and reset your iPhone.
- Visit icloud.com on an iPhone or iPad.
- Sign in to your Apple ID and click Find > All Devices.
- Find and tap the iPhone you want to reset, and tap Erase iPhone.
- Enter your Apple ID password when prompted, and then follow the instructions to complete the rest of the reset steps.
How to Remotely Reset iPhone with the Find My App
Apple devices come with a built-in app called Find My that allows you to remotely locate and wipe your device.
Once the iPhone you want to reset is connected to the network and its Find My iPhone is turned on, you'll be able to reset it quickly using the Find My app.
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- Switch to the Devices tab and click on the iPhone you want to reset.
- Navigate to the Erase iPhone option, and tap it.
- Enter your Apple ID password, confirm your action, and tap Next.
- Wait for the reset process to complete.
We hope this article has been of help. Please kindly let us know if you have any better methods.
It's important to note that if you are resetting your iPhone for resale or gifting, make sure to turn off Find My iPhone before resetting, or else it won't be usable for the new owner..