How to Speed Up Spotify on Mac
Summary: Wondering why your Spotify becomes slower and slower on Mac? From this blog post, you'll learn why Spotify is running slow and how to fix the issue easily.
Spotify is, without a doubt, the most popular music streaming service. However, just like any other music gig, it has the problem of running slowly. If you have been using Spotify for a long time, this problem may become more serious. Want to know why this problem occurs and how to fix it? Check out this article, where we will first explain why Spotify runs so slow and then show you how to fix the problem easily.
Let's get started.
Also Read: How to Stop Spotify from Opening on Mac Startup
Why is Spotify Running So Slow on Mac?
Many reasons can cause your Spotify to run slowly on your Mac. The most common reasons include poor network connection, excessive memory usage, and loads of cached files on the hard drive. Among these reasons, too many cache files account for a large part. Every time you use Spotify, it will create cache files on your disk, which will help you load Spotify faster the next time you use it. Therefore, if you have been using Spotify for a while and do not restart your Mac often, chances are you'll find that Spotify is getting slower and slower.
How to Fix Spotify Slow on Mac
Clear Cache Files of Spotify
After understanding why Spotify is running so slow, let's take a look at how to speed it up. Obviously, the most straightforward way is to delete its old cache files. Here's what you need to do:
- Click the Finder icon in the dock.
- Press Shift + Command + G, type in the route address: ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/, and click Go button.
- Select all the contents in this folder and move them to Trash.
- On the Finder window, press the Shift + Command + G buttons on the keyboard again, and paste ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/prefs into the text box that appears.
- Open the prefs file with TextEdit.
- Add the bold text: storage.size=1024 at the end of the file. (1024 will limit the cache files size up to 1024MB. You can set an alternate size of cache limit of your choice.)
- Save the file.
- Delete the folder named PersistentCache.
- Empty your Trash and relaunch Spotify.
Other Tricks to Speed Up Spotify
After deleting the cache files of Spotify, your Spotify should run faster. If not, try the tricks below to speed it up.
Free up more storage space with BuhoCleaner.
When your Mac runs out of storage space, the performance of Spotify and other installed applications will start to degrade. But with BuhoCleaner, one of the best cleaning software for Mac, you can free up disk space and boost your Mac and app performance in just a few clicks. Explore more from here.
Uninstall and reinstall Spotify.
Detect and kill the memory-hungry processes with Activity Monitor.
Update your Spotify to the latest version.
Restart your Mac.
Now you have known some tricks to speed up Spotify on Mac. Hopefully, your Spotify will run faster after you have optimized it with the above methods.
If you don't want to reencounter this problem, it's necessary to clean your Mac regularly. BuhoCleaner is a professional Mac cleanup tool that can help you monitor system status in real-time and reclaim storage space and free up memory without any hassle. Download it from here now.