2 Ways to Completely Uninstall Spotify on macOS
Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming service providers. However, after using it for a while, you may encounter various problems such as black screen, auto-start, not playing songs, constant crashes, and more. If you are bothered by these problems and want to uninstall Spotify completely from your Mac, please read this blog post first. In this article, we will show you how to delete Spotify and all its related files on Mac in 2 ways.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Mac Manually
Unfortunately, Spotify doesn't come with a built-in uninstaller. So you'll need to find its app and related files manually. Here's what you need to do:
Step 1. Quit Spotify
If your Spotify is running, make sure you have quit it before uninstalling it. To do this, you can click on the Spotify menu and select Quit Spotify. Also, you can use Activity Monitor to kill all the background processes of Spotify.
![Quit Spotify in Menu Bar(https://www.drbuho.com/str-api/uploads/quit_spotify_in_menu_bar_c02e0d7c57.png)
Step 2. Delete the Spotify Application
- Open a Finder window and click on Applications in the left sidebar.
- Locate Spotify and right-click on its icon to move it to the Trash.
Step 3. Remove Spotify Related Files
Dragging Spotify to Trash doesn't delete it from your Mac. You also need to delete its related files stored in the ~/Library folder.
- On a Finder window, press Shift + Command + G to open the Go to Folder window.
- Paste the following file paths in the text box and click the Go button. (One path at a time.)
~/Library/Saved Application State/com.spotify.client.savedState
- Once you have deleted all relevant files from Spotify, empty the Trash.
How to Uninstall Spotify on Mac: The Easy Way
As you can see, the manual method above requires your patience and attention, which is inconvenient for users who don't know much about Mac. That's why we present to you a faster and easier way to uninstall Spotify - using BuhoCleaner. Designed to be practical and easy to use, BuhoCleaner removes Spotify without leaving any trace in just a few clicks. What's more, BuhoCleaner's built-in leftover cleaning feature also allows you to quickly find and delete all the leftovers of the uninstalled apps.
Here are the steps of how to uninstall Spotify with BuhoCleaner:
- Make sure you have BuhoCleaner installed on your Mac.
- Launch BuhoCleaner and choose the App Uninstall option.
- Click the Scan button and find Spotify and Install Spotify in the result list.
- Check the box next to them and click the Remove button.
Hope you can get rid of Spotify and all its traces on your Mac successfully. Please note that deleting apps is not just about dragging them to the trash, but also about deleting their associated files. The leftovers left on your drive will take up your precious storage space. Learn how to find and delete them from this article.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download