Quick Guide to Uninstall Epic Games Launcher on Mac and PC
Summary: Can't delete Epic Games Launcher? Read this blog and learn how to remove Epic Games Launcher from Mac and PC properly.
Epic Games Launcher is an excellent platform for downloading and installing games. If you are tired of it and want to uninstall it from your computer, look no further. Here in this blog, you will learn how to delete Epic Games Launcher from Mac and PC completely.
What is Epic Games Launcher?
Epic Games Launcher is one of the most popular game platforms you can download and play games. It has a great number of games on it, the most popular of which must be Fortnite, a massive game with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friends connected.
Epic works well on Windows, macOS, Android, Xbox, and other devices. However, you might want to remove it from your computer for several reasons. Here are some of them:
- You are determined to stop playing games.
- Your PC or Mac is running slow.
- There are some errors, and you need to uninstall and reinstall it.
Why Can't I Uninstall Epic Games Launcher?
You tried to uninstall Epic Games Launcher from Windows or macOS, but it failed. Why? The main reason is that Epic Games Launcher is still running in the background. Therefore, you'd better quit it out before you start uninstalling it. Below are the steps on how to quit Epic Games Launcher on Mac and PC.
On a Mac: Use Activity Monitor
- Open Activity Monitor via Spotlight.
- Locate Epic Games Launcher and double click on it.
- On the new window, click the Quit button and select Force Quit.
On a PC: Use Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys on your keyboard to open Task Manager.
- Under the Process section, find Epic Games Launcher.
- Right-click on its icon and select End Task.
Now you have killed all the background processes of Epic Games Launcher. Let's move to the uninstallation steps.
How to Delete Epic Games Launcher on Mac
How to Uninstall Epic Games Launcher on Mac Automatically
BuhoCleaner is a popular application removal tool for Mac. It offers you a fast and easy way to uninstall Epic Games Launcher on macOS. You don't need to be a Mac expert. All you need to do is install it on your Mac, and it will remove Epic Games Launcher and all files related to it in a couple of clicks.
Here're the steps:
- Download and install BuhoCleaner on your Mac.
- Launch it and click on App Uninstall in the sidebar.
- Click the Scan button, and you'll see the list of apps you can uninstall.
- Find Epic Games Launcher, select the box next to it, and click the Remove button.
How to Uninstall Epic Games Launcher on Mac Manually
If you are not satisfied with the method above, you can manually uninstall Epic Games Launcher using Finder. This method requires you to have some knowledge about Mac as you have to delete not only its applications but also its related files stored in different folders.
- Make sure you have quit out Epic Games Launcher.
- Open Finder and click the Applications in the sidebar.
- Find Epic Games Launcher in the Applications folder and right-click on its icon to move it to the Trash.
- Press Shift + Command + G keys on a Finder window to open the Go to Folder window.
- Type ~/Library in the box and click the Go button.
- Find all the associated files of Epic Games Launcher in the following folders and move them to Trash.
- Empty your Trash and restart your Mac If necessary.
How to Uninstall Epic Games Launcher on PC
The process for uninstalling Epic Games Launcher from PC is almost the same. Here we just take Windows 10 as an example.
Quit Epic Games Launcher with Task Manager.
Search Control Panel in the search box next to the Start Menu.
In the Control Panel window, click Programs > Programs and Features.
Locate Epic Games Launcher, right-click on it, click Uninstall, and confirm your removal.
Now you know how to completely uninstall Epic Games Launcher on Mac and PC. Please note that before performing the uninstallation steps, please end all processes of Epic Games Launcher to prevent uninstallation from being unsuccessful.
1. What Will Happen If I Delete Epic Games Launcher?
Once you uninstall Epic Games Launcher, all the games and data in it will be wiped out as well. Therefore, it is a good idea to back up your downloaded games. Just in case you want to replay them in the future.
2. How to Uninstall Epic Games Like Fortnite?
The easiest way to uninstall Epic games is to use the Epic Games Launcher. Just launch the Epic Games Launcher and click on the Library in the sidebar, find the game you want to uninstall, click the three-dot menu below the game, click on Uninstall, and confirm your uninstallation. If you're using a Mac, you can also use a third-party app uninstaller like BuhoCleaner to remove all Epic games and all their related files without any hassle. Download it from here now.
3. Can I Uninstall Epic Games Launcher Without Uninstalling Fortnite?
Unfortunately, you can't. Fortnite runs through the Epic Games Launcher. Deleting the Epic Games Launcher will uninstall all the games you have installed. If you don't want to lose the data of Fortnite, make sure you have it backed up at elsewhere.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download