How to Uninstall Tor Browser on Windows/Mac/Linux
Thanks to the Tor Browser's multiple layers of encryption, we are able to access the Internet anonymously. Sounds great, right? But that may not be the case. Just as every coin has two sides, the high privacy of Tor Browser comes at the sacrifice of speed. Most of the time, you may gradually lose patience while waiting for the website to load. Thus, you may want to remove it from your computer. In this article, you will learn how to uninstall Tor Browser on three popular operating systems: Windows, macOS, and Linux. Let's get started.
Also Read: How to Uninstall Apps on Mac
What is Tor Browser
Tor Browser, also known as Onion Browser, is a collection of tools designed for people who want to improve the security of the Internet. It allows you to browse the Web and chat with someone online anonymously. When you search on Tor Browser, your traffic will be relayed and encrypted three times, so third-party applications won't be able to know what you're doing or where you are. Because of its anonymous connection, Tor Browser is gaining more and more users worldwide.
However, compared with popular browsers like Chrome and Safari, Tor Browser is really slow. If you already have other ways to secure your network, you can follow the instructions below to uninstall it safely.
How to Uninstall Tor Browser on Windows
It is easy to remove Tor Browser from your PC. The steps for different versions may be slightly different. Here, we just take Windows 10 as an example.
How to Uninstall Tor Browser on Windows 10
Tor Browser is installed on the desktop by default. To uninstall it, find the Tor Browser application and Tor Browser folder on the desktop and delete them.
If you happen to change the default installation address when installing Tor Browser, you will not be able to find the relevant folder on your desktop. In this case, you can follow these steps to remove it from your PC forever.
- Right-click the Tor Browser icon and select Open file location.
- Follow the instruction in the picture below.
- Delete all files in the Tor Browser folder.
How to Uninstall Tor Browser on macOS
- Open Finder and locate the Tor Browser app in Applications.
- Move the app to Trash.
- On the Finder window, press Shift + Command + G.
- Type in: ~/Library/Application Support/ and click the Go button.
- Find the folder named TorBrowser-Data and move it to Trash.
- Empty your Trash.
Alternatively, you can use BuhoCleaner to remove Tor Browser from your Mac within seconds. It is a free app remover as well as a cache cleaner for Mac. With the handy tool, you can uninstall all unwanted apps, remove leftovers of uninstalled apps, and free up Mac space with a few clicks.
- Download and install BuhoCleaner on your Mac.
- Launch it and click the App Uninstall Tab in the sidebar.
- Click the Scan button, and you'll find all the apps installed on your Mac.
- Check the box next to Tor Browser and click the Remove button.
How to Uninstall Tor Browser on Linux
There is no default location for Tor Browser on Linux. Follow the steps below to uninstall it.
- Go to find a folder named "tor-browser_en-US" if you are running the English Tor Browser.
- Once you find it, delete it directly.
- Empty your Trash.
That's all for how to uninstall Tor Browser on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Hope you can get rid of it without any hassle.
If you find this post helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download