How to Uninstall Anaconda on Mac
Installing Anocanda on a Mac is easy, but it can be complicated to get rid of it, let alone clean up all traces it lefts on your internal drive. Here in this blog, we will explain what Anocanda is and how to uninstall it from your Mac in three ways.
Also Read: How to Uninstall Avast on Mac
What is Anaconda
Anaconda is a free and open-source distribution platform for Python and R programming languages. It has a large number of installation packages for Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. In addition, its package manager, called conda, can help you manage packages, dependencies, and environments effectively.
However, there are some reasons why you want to uninstall it from your Mac. It may be that it is not as helpful as you expected, or you just don't have enough storage space. If you want to know how to remove them from your Mac, keep reading.
How to Uninstall Anaconda on Mac
In general, you can uninstall Anaconda on Mac manually or automatically. The manual ways are complicated and time-consuming, while the automatic way is more newbie-friendly.
The Quickest and Easiest Way to Uninstall Anaconda on Mac
Uninstalling Anaconda is easy if you have the right tool at your disposal. BuhoCleaner is just the one you need. It lets you remove the Anaconda application and its associated files with just a few clicks. If you are not a seasoned Mac user, using BuhoCleaner to remove Anaconda may be your best option. Here are the steps.
- Download and install BuhoCleaner on your Mac.
- Launch it and click the App Uninstall tab in the sidebar.
- Click the Scan button and find the Anaconda in the list.
- Check the box next to Anaconda and click the Remove button.
Manually Uninstall Anaconda on Mac Using Terminal
According to the official, you have two options to uninstall Anaconda on your Mac. One is simple removal, and the other is complete removal. The former will delete the entire Anaconda directory only, while the latter will completely uninstall Anaconda and all its related files.
How to Do a Simple Remove:
- Open Terminal
- Type and run the command: rm -rf ~/anaconda3 to remove the entire Anaconda directory.
How to Do a Full Remove:
- Open Terminal.
- Type in the command: conda install anaconda-clean and press Enter button to install the Anaconda-Clean package.
- Then enter and run one of the following commands to remove Anaconda-related files and directories.
- anaconda-clean --yes
- Type and run the command: rm -rf ~/anaconda3.
- The last step is to remove the backups of Anaconda-Clean. Just type the command below into Terminal:
rm -rf ~/.anaconda_backup
Manually Uninstall Anaconda on Mac Using Finder
- Open Activity Monitor and quit all the processes of Anaconda.
- Open Finder and find Anaconda in Applications.
- Right-click on the Anaconda icon and move it to Trash.
- Click the Finder menu > Go > Go to Folder.
- Type the following directions to find and delete all files related to Anaconda.
- Even if you have completed the above steps, there is no guarantee that all relevant files will be deleted. You'd better check the following folders to remove all the Anaconda associated files.
- ~/Library/Application Support
- ~/Library/Application Scripts
- Empty your Trash.
How to Remove Anaconda PATH from .bash_profile
After deleting Anaconda and its related files, you may also want to remove its path from the .bash-profile. Here's what you need to do:
Open the Terminal.
Enter and run the command: cd ~.
Type and run the command: open .bash_profile.
Delete the content in the red box in the picture, and then save the file.
Back to the Terminal, type and run the command: source ~/.bash_profile.
Now you know how to uninstall Anaconda from Mac in three ways. As you can see, uninstalling Anaconda using BuhoCleaner is easy and quick. If you don't want to spend a lot of time dealing with commands and related files, let BuhoCleaner do it for you.
By the way, BuhoCleaner is also equipped with other practical tools, such as junk cleaner, duplicate file and large file finder, and startup program manager. Give it a try now. It's free.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download