2 Ways to Completely Uninstall Minecraft on Mac
Summary: We will walk you through how to completely uninstall Minecraft on Mac in two ways.
Minecraft is a sandbox-style game developed by Mojang. It provides players with all the tools they need to build a vast virtual world. While it is easy to install it on your Mac, it is a bit complicated to uninstall it. If you are tired of it and want to remove it from your Mac, read on this blog, and we will introduce you two ways to do so.
How to Delete Minecraft Account on Mac
There are two ways to create a Minecraft account, using a Mojang account or a Microsoft account. Deleting your Minecraft account will remove all your data with Minecraft.
If you are using a Mojang account to play Minecraft, follow these steps to delete your account.
- Go to Mojang.com and log in to your Mojang account.
- Click on your account in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down your screen to the bottom and click on the "Learn how" link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fill in your information and then click Request to delete your account.
- You will receive an email from Mojang. Click the deactivate link in the email to complete the deletion process. If you use a Microsoft account to play Minecraft, you can go to Microsoft to close your account. Before that, we strongly recommend you to read this article carefully.
How to Uninstall Minecraft on Mac: The Manual Way
Want to uninstall Minecraft on Mac manually? Follow the steps below:
If Minecraft is still running in the background, don't forget to quit it.
Uninstall Minecraft App
Open Finder and click Applications in the sidebar. In the Application folder, find the icon of Minecraft and drag it to the Trash.
Delete Minecraft Related Files
You also need to delete the residual files of Minecraft. They are usually stored in the following folders. All you need to do is to go over each folder and delete all the files with minecraft in their names.
- ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- ~/Library/Saved Application State
Empty your Trash
Control-click the Trash icon in the dock and choose Empty Trash.
How to Uninstall Minecraft on Mac: The Easy Way
As you can see, the manual way is tedious and time-consuming. To quickly remove Minecraft from Mac, you can use BuhoCleaner, a simple and easy-to-use Mac app uninstaller. It allows you to remove Minecraft and all its related files in one click.
Here's what you need to do:
- Download, install and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click App Uninstall in the sidebar and click the Scan button in the right column.
- Find Minecraft, check the box next to it, and click the Remove button.
Now you know how to uninstall Minecraft on Mac completely. Now go ahead and choose a way you like to get rid of Minecraft.
By the way, BuhoCleaner is beyond an app remover. It is also a handy Mac cleaner that can clear system junks, delete large and duplicate files, and free up memory space. It is worth a try.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download