Best Ways to Uninstall Steam and Steam Games on Mac
Summary: If you're looking for ways to uninstall Steam and Steam games on Mac, you've just come to the right place. In the article, we'll introduce you to how to completely remove Steam and downloaded games on it from your Mac.
Steam claims to be the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games. It has over 30,000 AAA, indie, and in-between games. While the games on Steam are diverse and feature-rich, they also have one major drawback: they are storage hogging. If you are running out of space on your Mac and want to free up more disk space quickly, the most straightforward way is to uninstall Steam or its games.
Keep reading, and we'll tell you how to remove Steam and Steam games from your Mac safely and entirely.
How to Uninstall Steam and Steam Games on Mac Manually
If you no longer need Steam or any Steam game, follow the steps below to delete it completely from your Mac.
- Quit Steam and all its processes with Activity Monitor.
- Open Finder > Applications.
- Locate Steams and Steam Games, then drag them to the Trash.
- Right-click it and choose Move to Trash.
- On the Finder window, press Shift + Command + G.
- Type in: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam and click the Go button.
- To remove all Steam data from your Mac, delete the entire Steam folder.
- Right-click the Trash and choose Empty Trash.
How to Uninstall Steam and Steam Games on Mac Quickly
There is an easy and fast way to delete Steam and Steam games on Mac completely, and that is to use BuhoCleaner, one of the best app removers for Mac. You can use it not only to uninstall the applications you don't want but also to remove all the leftovers of the uninstalled programs. Here's what you need to do.
- Download, install, and launch BuhoClenar.
- Click App Uninstall, you will find all the apps you installed.
- Find the Steam and Steam Games you want to uninstall, then click Remove.
How to Delete Steam Games on Mac with Steam Library
If you just want to remove unwanted Steam games, you can remove them with your Steam account.
- Launch the Steam app.
- Click the Library option, and you can find all your downloaded games in All.
- Select the game you want to remove, right-click it, hover your mouse over Manage, and choose Uninstall.
- Confirm the prompt that appears, and the game will be removed permanently.
How to Delete Steam Games on Mac Without Steam App
Is there a way to uninstall Steam games if you already have the Steam app deleted from your Mac? The answer is yes. Here are the steps:
- Open Finder and press Shift + Command + G keys.
- Type in: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam and press the Return button.
- Find the folder named steamapps and delete it entirely.
Now you have learned how to completely uninstall Steam and Steam games on your Mac in different ways. It's your turn to try.
By the way, BuhoCleaner is not just an App remover, and it's also an excellent Mac cleaner that allows you to clean your Mac with just one click thoroughly. Download it for free now.
I'm Robert Hunt, a tech-savvy fan with the love of all things Apple. As a hobbyist of gardening and meditation, I'm also a seasoned writer covering a wide array of Apple products, like iPhone, iPad, iOS and more.