3 Ways to Completely Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac
Kaspersky Internet Security is one of the best antivirus software for Mac. But if you don't like it or have found a better alternative and want to remove it from your Mac, keep reading this blog, and we will show you how to get rid of it properly in 3 ways.
Let's get started.
What is Kaspersky and Why Remove It
Kaspersky is a widely-used security suite. It can prevent your Mac from getting infected with malware, adware and viruses.
A lot of reasons might make you want to uninstall it from your Mac. Here are some of the most common ones.
- You find a better alternative.
- It consumes a lot of system resources.
- It conflicts with other applications or software.
Whatever your reason is, if you want to get rid of it completely, you can use one of the following 3 ways.
How to Remove Kaspersky on Mac Through Its Menu
Kaspersky Internet Security has a built-in uninstall feature that allows you to remove it through its menu.
- Quit Kaspersky Internet Security first. Otherwise, you may not be able to uninstall it.
- Click Help in the Kaspersky Internet Security menu and choose Support.
- In the new pop-up window, click on the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
By performing the above steps, you should have completely removed Kaspersky Internet Security. But the truth is that Kaspersky still leaves files on your Mac, taking up your space for nothing. As far as we know, its related files are mainly stored in the Library folder, and you can use Finder to find them out and delete them manually.
- Open Finder and press Shift + Command + G to open the Go to Folder window.
- Paste the following paths accordingly and press Enter.
- ~/Library/Application Scripts
- ~/Library/Saved Application State
- ~/Library/Group Containers
- /Library/Launch Daemons
- Find the Kaspersky-related files and move them to the Trash.
- Once you have moved all Kaspersky-related files to the Trash, empty the Trash and restart your Mac.
How to Uninstall Kaspersky on Mac with Its Native Uninstaller
Kaspersky also provides you with a native uninstaller to get rid of it completely. Here's what you need to do.
- Download the native uninstaller from here.
- Open the dmg file named kismac220.127.116.11uninstaller.
- Double click the trash icon in it and the uninstallation process will start.
- When the uninstallation is complete, click the Quit button.
- Repeat steps 5-8 in the above method to remove all associated files of Kaspersky.
How to Uninstall Kaspersky on Mac with BuhoCleaner
As you can see, the above approach is a bit complicated for new Mac users. In this case, you can use a third-party uninstaller to remove Kaspersky completely. BuhoCleaner is the tool you can try. It is one of the best app uninstallers for macOS. Not only can you use it to remove Kaspersky with one click, but you can also use it to find and remove the leftover files of uninstalled apps.
Here are the steps.
- Download and install BuhoCleaner on your Mac.
- Launch it and click on Application Uninstall > Scan.
- Locate Kaspersky, check the box next to it, and click the Remove button.
If you have manually dragged Kaspersky to the Trash before, you can switch to Leftovers to detect and delete its residual files.
That's all for how to uninstall Kaspersky on Mac completely. Hopefully, by using one of these 3 ways, you have successfully deleted Kaspersky from your Mac.
If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download