2 Ways to Completely Delete Adobe Creative Cloud from Mac
Adobe Creative Cloud, also known as Adobe CC, is a suite of applications and services. It allows subscribers to easily manage apps developed by Adobe, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects.
Although it is powerful and easy to use, there are some reasons that may make you want to uninstall it from your Mac. When you try to remove it, you may find that it is not easy to delete it thoroughly.
Fortunately, you've come to the right place. In this article, we will show you how to completely uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud from your Mac in 2 ways.
How to Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud on Mac Manually
Step 1. Quit Adobe Creative Cloud
This step is essential to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud successfully. What you need is Activity Monitor.
- Open Activity Monitor via Spotlight or Launchpad.
- Select one of the Adobe Creative Cloud processes and click the Stop button to quit or force quit it.
- Repeat step 2 to kill all other Adobe Creative Cloud processes.
Step 2. Uninstall Apps in Adobe Creative Cloud
You may not be able to remove Adobe Creative Cloud for Desktop without first uninstalling the apps in it.
Here's how to uninstall Adobe's apps.
- Open Adobe Creative Cloud.
- In the All Apps list, you will find the Adobe apps you downloaded.
- To uninstall an app, click the 3-dot menu next to it, select Uninstall, and confirm your removal.
Step 3. Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud
- Open Finder > Applications.
- Locate Adobe Creative Cloud, click it and you will see Adobe Creative Cloud Uninstaller.
- Double-click it, enter your password and click the Uninstall button in the new window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Step 4. Remove Adobe Creative Cloud Related Files
Adobe Creative Cloud will leave traces on your Mac. To completely remove its remnants, follow these steps.
- On your desktop, press Shift-Command-G keys.
- Go to the following folders separately and find and delete files related to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- ~/Library/Application Support
- Empty your Trash.
How to Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud on Mac: The Easy Way
As you can see, the manual way is tedious and time-consuming. If you are looking for a faster and easier way to remove Adobe Creative Cloud from Mac, you can give BuhoCleaner a try. It is one of the best app uninstallers for Mac. Its App Uninstall feature can help you remove any unwanted apps with one click. Moreover, you can also use it to quickly delete residual files left behind by uninstalled apps.
Here's how to use BuhoCleaner to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Download, install and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click App Uninstall in the sidebar, then click the Start button.
- Find all the applications related to Adobe Creative Cloud, select them, and click the Remove button. (You can tell if an app is related to Adobe Creative Cloud by its icon.)
Hopefully, you have successfully removed all Adobe Creative Cloud files from your Mac.
If you found this article helpful, don't forget to share it with your friends.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download