How to Completely Uninstall Fortnite on Mac
Fortnite is a third-person shooting game developed by Epic Games. It has received a lot of popularity from users all over the world since its launch. Although it is a popular game, users may still want to remove it from their Macs for various reasons, such as freeing up disk space, fixing errors in it, or simply because they don't want to play it anymore. Whatever the reason you want to delete it, if you don't know the proper steps to delete it, don't miss this blog post. We will show you how to uninstall Fortnite on Mac in 3 ways.
Method 1: Remove Fortnite via Epic Games Launcher
The easiest way to remove Fortnite is to use Epic Games Launcher, which allows you to download, install, play, and uninstall games. Whether you want to remove Fortnite from your PC or Mac, you can quickly delete it with the Epic Games Launcher.
Here's what you need to do:
- Quit Fortnite.
- On a Mac, click the Apple Menu > Force Quit, find Fortnite in the list and click the Force Quit button.
- On a PC, open Task Manager, find Fortnite and double-click it to exit all its processes in the background.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher and log in to your account.
- Click the Library option, and you will find all the games you downloaded.
- Click the three dots menu on Fortnite and select Uninstall.
By following these steps, you can remove Fortnite. However, this method will not delete all Fortnite associated files. To completely remove Fortnite, you also need to go to Finder to manually find and delete the related files. We'll show you how-to steps in part 2 of Method 3.
Method 2: Uninstall Fortnite and Other Epic Games in One Click
As you can see, the above method does not entirely remove Fortnite. And when you want to delete multiple Epic Games, you have to delete them one by one, which is troublesome. In this regard, we recommend that you use BuhoCleaner to uninstall Fortnite.
BuhoCleaner is a super easy-to-use Mac application uninstaller. It can help you completely delete Fortnite and many other Epic Games with one click. Not only that, it can also quickly scan and clean up the remaining files of your uninstalled apps.
Here are the steps:
- Free download and install BuhoCleaner on your Mac.
- Launch BuhoCleaner and select App Removal in the sidebar and click the Scan button.
- After the scan is completed, you will see all the apps you can remove. Check the boxes next to Fortnite and other games you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- To find and delete the residual files of uninstalled apps, switch to Leftovers, check the files you want to delete, and then click the Remove button.
Method 3: Manually Delete Fortnite via Finder
In addition to the above two methods, you can also manually remove the Fortnite by using Finder. The steps are divided into two main parts: Delete Fortnite and Delete Related Files.
Part 1. Delete Fortnite
- Open Finder by clicking its icon in the Dock.
- In the left sidebar, select the Applications.
- Locate Fortnite, right-click on its icon and select Move to Trash.
Part 2. Delete Fortnite Related Files
Fortnite related files are stored in the shared and current user directories. You need to go to the corresponding folder to delete them.
- On a Finder window, press Shift + Command + G to open the Go to Folder window.
- Paste the following file paths into the blank boxes respectively, press Return on the keyboard, and then move the files or folders inside to the trash.
- /Users/Shared/Epic Games/Fortnite
- ~/Library/Application Support/Epic/FortniteGame
- ~/ Library/Caches/com.epicgames.com.chairentertainment.Fortnite
- Empty the Trash.
These are the 3 ways we want to share with you how to remove Fortnite on Mac. Hopefully, you can get rid of Fortnite safely and completely.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download