2 Ways to Completely Uninstall Firefox on Mac
From this article, you will get to know 2 ways to completely uninstall Firefox from your Mac.
There is a number of browsers out there, and it's hard to say which one is perfect. But compared with Chrome and Safari, Firefox is not that fast or efficient.
If you happen to have Firefox installed on your Mac and want to uninstall it, look no further. Here, you will find how to do it in 2 ways.
Why Should Your Uninstall Firefox?
Firefox is a free and open-source browser developed by the Mozilla Foundation, and it is the first browser that offers extensions and add-ons. Nevertheless, it has some drawbacks, such as consuming a lot of memory, compatibility issues, and lack of features.
If you don't want to use Firefox anymore or you're experiencing issues with it, it's time to uninstall it from your Mac. Read on to learn how.
How to Manually Uninstall Firefox on Mac
Although Mozilla doesn't provide users with an official way to completely remove Firefox from a Mac, you can do it manually using the Finder.
Here's what you need to do:
- Quit Firefox, otherwise, it cannot be uninstalled.
- Open Finder, locate Firefox and drag it to the Trash.
- Click the Go menu in Finder and select Go to Folder.
- Enter ~/Library and press Return.
- Find and delete Firefox-related files in the Application Support, Caches, Preferences, Saved Application State, and Logs folders.
- Empty your Trash.
How to Quickly Uninstall Firefox on Mac with BuhoCleaner
As you can see, manually removing Firefox is time-consuming. If you want to speed up the uninstallation process, use BuhoCleaner, an easy-to-use Mac app uninstaller. This tool helps you remove Firefox and its related files with one click.
In addition, BuhoCleaner can detect and delete leftover files left by other uninstalled apps.
Here's how to uninstall Firefox on Mac with BuhoClenaer:
- Download, install, and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click on App Uninstall and you will find all the apps installed on your Mac.
- Find Firefox, check the box next to it, and click the Remove button to quickly uninstall it.
Now that you know how to uninstall Firefox from your Mac, choose your preferred method and try it out.
Note that the manual method takes more time than the automatic method. It is recommended that you use BuhoCleaner to do the work for you.