2 Ways to Completely Uninstall Firefox on Mac
This article will guide you through two methods to entirely uninstall Firefox from your Mac.
With numerous browsers available, determining the perfect one is challenging. However, when compared to Chrome and Safari, Firefox may not be as fast or efficient.
If you have Firefox installed on your Mac and wish to uninstall it, you've come to the right place. In this guide, you'll discover two methods to accomplish this.
Why Should You Uninstall Firefox?
Firefox, developed by the Mozilla Foundation, stands out as a free and open-source browser, pioneering the introduction of extensions and add-ons. However, it does have some drawbacks, including high memory consumption, compatibility issues, and a lack of certain features.
If you've decided to move away from Firefox or are encountering issues, it's time to uninstall it from your Mac. Continue reading to understand how to proceed.
How to Manually Uninstall Firefox on Mac
While Mozilla doesn't offer an official method for completely removing Firefox from a Mac, you can achieve it manually using the Finder.
Here's what you need to do:
- Quit Firefox, otherwise, it cannot be uninstalled.
- Open Finder, locate Firefox, and drag it to the Trash.
- Click the Go menu in Finder and select Go to Folder.
- Enter ~/Library and press Return.
- Find and delete Firefox-related files in the Application Support, Caches, Preferences, Saved Application State, and Logs folders.
- Empty your Trash.
How to Quickly Uninstall Firefox from Mac Using BuhoCleaner
Manually removing Firefox can be time-consuming. To streamline the uninstallation process, consider using BuhoCleaner, an easy-to-use Mac app uninstaller. With just one click, this tool efficiently removes Firefox and its associated files.
Moreover, BuhoCleaner can identify and delete leftover files from other uninstalled apps.
Here's how to uninstall Firefox on Mac with BuhoClenaer:
- Download, install, and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click on App Uninstall and you will find all the apps installed on your Mac.
- Find Firefox, check the box next to it, and click the Remove button to quickly uninstall it.
Now that you're aware of the steps to uninstall Firefox from your Mac, select your preferred method and give it a try.
Keep in mind that the manual method requires more time compared to the automatic approach. For a quicker and more efficient process, it's recommended to use BuhoCleaner to handle the task for you.
I'm Robert Hunt, a tech-savvy fan with the love of all things Apple. As a hobbyist of gardening and meditation, I'm also a seasoned writer covering a wide array of Apple products, like iPhone, iPad, iOS and more.