2 Ways to Completely Uninstall Photoshop on Mac
Summary: This guide shows you how to completely uninstall photoshop on Mac in 2 ways.
There is no doubt that Adobe Photoshop is the best image editing tool in the world. Although it is powerful and feature-rich, it also has obvious disadvantages such as high prices and large storage space consumption.
If for any reason you want to completely remove it from your Mac, follow this guide to learn how.
How to Uninstall Photoshop on Mac with Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud is a suite that includes all Adobe apps, such as Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, etc. With the utility, you can download, update, and uninstall all Adobe apps quickly and efficiently.
How to uninstall Photoshop on Mac using Adobe Creative Cloud:
If Photoshop is still in use, you may not be able to remove it. To avoid this, use Activity Monitor to stop all Photoshop processes.
Open Adobe Creative Cloud via Launchpad or Spotlight.
You will find all the apps you have installed. Find Photoshop and click the Three Dots button and choose Uninstall.
Related Article: How to Completely Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud on Mac
How to Remove Photoshop Leftovers on Mac
After following the steps above, you have uninstalled Photoshop. However, it might leave some traces on your Mac and take up your valuable space for nothing. It is recommended that you go to the following file paths to delete any remaining files of Photoshop.
- ~/Library/Application Support
Here's what you need to do.
- On your desktop, press Shift + Command + G to open the Go to Folder window.
- Paste these paths individually and hit Return.
- Find Photoshop related files and drag them to the Trash.
How to Uninstall Photoshop on Mac with BuhoCleaner
If you find the above method difficult and time-consuming, try BuhoCleaner. It is one of the best app uninstallers for Mac. With this tool, you can uninstall Photoshop without leaving any traces.
And not only that, but BuhoCleaner also comes with a leftover removal feature that allows you to get rid of all the leftover files of uninstalled apps on your Mac in a matter of seconds.
How to use BuhoCleaner to delete Photoshop on Mac:
- Download, install, and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click App Uninstall in the sidebar and click the Scan button in the right column.
- You will find all the apps installed on your Mac. Locate Photoshop, check the box next to it, and click the Remove button in the lower-right corner. (If Photoshop is running in the background, you may be asked to quit it first.)
Now that you have two ways to uninstall Photoshop on your Mac. Which way do you prefer to use?
As you have seen, BuhoCleaner is the faster and easier way. Why not go ahead and try it yourself?
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download