How to Completely Uninstall Outlook on Mac: Step By Step
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager (personal email and calendar).
It's convenient and easy to use. However, it may not work correctly so you want to uninstall and reinstall it. Or it's just that you no longer need it.
In this post, you'll learn how to completely uninstall Outlook on Mac more easily and quickly.
How to Delete Outlook from Mac via Launchpad
The easiest and quickest way to delete Outlook from Mac is to use Launchpad.
Here is how:
- Right-click the Outlook icon at the Dock.
- Click Quit.
- Click the Launchpad icon at the Dock to open it.
- Click and hold the Outlook until it starts shaking.
- Click X＞Delete.
- Many users find that they can't uninstall Outlook on Mac, this is because it's open.
- To quit Outlook, you can right-click its icon and click Quit. Or you can: open Activity Monitor via Spotlight＞enter Microsoft Outlook in the search box＞select process related to Outlook (press and hold Command to select multiple files) ＞click the X button.
How to Completely Uninstall Outlook on Mac via BuhoCleaner (Quickest）
The fastest yet most convenient way to completely uninstall Outlook is to use a professional app uninstaller.
BuhoCleaner is a powerful Mac cleaner that lets you delete the Outlook app and its leftovers in minutes.
Here is how to completely uninstall Outlook on Mac via BuhoCleaner:
- Free download, install, and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click App Uninstall on the left sidebar.
- Find and check the Outlook app and all its related files.
- Click Remove.
In addition, it also offers you features like junk file cleaning, duplicate file cleaning, Mac performance monitoring, etc.
How to Manually Uninstall Outlook on Mac via Finder
Using Finder to delete the Outlook app is easy to follow. However, to completely uninstall Outlook on Mac, you must follow some extra steps. It may be time-consuming and effort-costing.
Here is how to completely uninstall Outlook on Mac via Finder:
- Right-click the Outlook icon at the dock and click Quit.
- Open Finder＞click Applications＞find and right-click Microsoft Outlook＞Move to Trash.
- Press Command + Shift + G and then enter ~/Library. (Ensure the Finder is open.)
- Find and click Container＞find and move the following files to the Trash.
- Microsoft Error Reporting
- Microsoft Outlook
- Back to Library, find and click Group Containers＞find and move the following files to the Trash.
- Empty your Trash.
Besides the three methods mentioned above, there is another way to completely uninstall Outlook on Mac - via Terminal.
But it's a little dangerous. If you are familiar with Terminal, you can search for more detailed information and have a try.
In this post, you've learned 3 ways to uninstall Outlook.
Go ahead and practice them out now!
Clare Weaver has been captivated by the world of Apple products since the launch of iconic iPhone in 2007. With a wealth of experience, Clare is your go-to source for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and all things Apple.