2 Ways to Completely Uninstall Microsoft Teams on Mac
Summary: In this guide, you will get to learn 2 ways to completely uninstall Microsoft Teams on Mac.
Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration tool that integrates chat, audio and video conferencing, file synchronization and sharing, and office and third-party apps.
In terms of functionality, Microsoft Teams stands out from other collaboration tools. However, it has some drawbacks such as being difficult to use for new users, consuming too many resources, and more suitable for internal communication.
If it doesn't meet your needs and want to delete it from your Mac, you've come to the right place. In this article, we will walk you though 2 ways to completely uninstall Teams on Mac.
How to Quickly Uninstall Microsoft Teams on Mac
The easiest way to remove Teams from Mac is to use BuhoCleaner, a third-party app uninstaller for Mac. It allows you to delete Teams and all its related files in one go. Here's what you need to do.
- Download, install and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click App Uninstall in the sidebar and you will see all apps installed on your Mac.
- Find Microsoft Team, check the box next to it and click the Remove button.
How to Manually Uninstall Microsoft Teams on Mac
If you don't want to install any software on your Mac, use Finder instead. Finder lets you uninstall any applications downloaded from the internet.
Here are the steps:
- Quit Teams: right-click the Teams icon on the dock and select Quit.
- Open Finder and click Applications in the sidebar.
- Locate the Microsoft Teams icon and move it to the Trash.
- Click the File menu in Finder and select the Go to Folder option.
- Go to the following folders and drag Teams-related files to the Trash.
- ~/Library/Application Support/
- Empty your Trash.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know 2 methods to completely uninstall Microsoft Teams, go and choose the one you prefer to remove Teams from your Mac.
By the way, BuhoCleaner is more than an app uninstaller. It's also a handy Mac cleaner to clean up your Mac and make your Mac run as fast as new. It's really worth a try.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download