2 Ways to Completely Uninstall Origin on Mac
In this blog, we will explain how to completely uninstall Orgirin from your Mac.
Origin, developed by EA, is a platform where you can download and play games. It is available on multiple devices including PC, Mac, Xbox, PS, Android and iOS. After nearly 2 years of beta testing, EA finally brought its new PC client, the EA app, on October 7th. But unfortunately, this new app is not available for Mac users.
Whatever the reason you want to uninstall Origin from your Mac, read on this blog where you will find 2 methods.
How to Manually Uninstall Origin on Mac
All apps you have installed on your Mac, including Origin, can be easily removed using the Finder. Just follow these steps:
1. Quit Origin
If your Origin is running in the background, it is recommended that you quit it. Otherwise, you may not be able to uninstall it successfully.
To quit Origin, right-click its icon in the Dock and select Quit. Not sure which of its processes are using? Check with Activity Monitor, then stop all Origin related processes.
2. Uninstall the Origin Client
- Open Finder.
- Click Applications in the Finder sidebar, locate Origin and move it to the Trash.
3. Delete Origin-Related Files
Click the Go menu in the Finder and select Go to Folder,
Paste each of the following paths in the search box, one at a time, and press Return.
- ~/Library/Application Support/Origin
- ~/Library/Saved Application State/com.ea.Origin.savedState
- /Library/Application Support/Origin
Move the files related to Origin and empty your Trash.
How to Quickly and Completely Uninstall Origin on Mac
As you can see, the above method takes some time and is a bit difficult for new Mac users. If you want to quickly uninstall Origin from your Mac, try BuhoCleaner, a cleaner designed for Mac users. It allows you to completely uninstall Origin and any other unwanted apps with one click. Additionally, it can help you remove duplicate files, clear caches and logs, analyze disk space, and more.
Here's how to uninstall Origin on Mac using BuhoCleaner:
- Download, install, and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click on App Uninstall and you will find all the apps installed on your Mac.
- Find and select Origin and click the Remove button in the lower right corner.
That's all. Which way do you like to try?
Hope you can successfully remove the Origin client from your Mac. Here are some other questions you might want to know.
What Will Happen If I Uninstall the Origin Client?
If you uninstall the Origin client from your Mac, you will not be able to play any games and content downloaded until you reinstall it.
How to Clear Origin Cache on Mac?
If you're having trouble with your game, the trick to fixing it is to clear the cache on your Mac. Here's how:
- On your desktop, press Shift + Command + G.
- Paste /Library/Application Support/Origin in the blank box, then press Return.
- Locate the folder named DownloadCache, drag it to your Trash and empty your Trash.
How to Delete Origin (EA) Account?
You may also want to delete your Origin account, also known as your EA account. But you can't do it yourself. Whether you want to deactivate or permanently delete your EA account, you will have to talk to to one of EA's advisors. For more detailed steps, follow this guide.