2 Ways to Completely Uninstall Citrix Workspace on Mac
Summary: Wondering how to completely uninstall Citrix Workspace on Mac? Look no further. Here are the 2 right ways.
Citrix Workspace is an excellent software for running virtual desktops on a variety of operating systems including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and more. If you're having trouble or no longer need it, read on to learn how to completely uninstall it from your Mac.
What Is Citrix Workspace?
Citrix Workspace, also known as Citrix Receiver, is a digital workspace software platform. It allows users to securely access applications, desktops and all data anywhere, anytime.
Why Do You Need to Remove It from Mac?
Citrix Workspace is great for accessing work files from home. However, the app is quite expensive and has some known security issues.
Want to remove it from your Mac but don’t know how? Read on to learn the proper ways.
How to Manually Uninstall Citrix Workspace on Mac
The official way to uninstall Citrix Workspace on Mac is to use its installation file. Basically, it is in your Download folder. If you can’t find it, download it again from the Citrix website.
- Open the CitrixWorkspaceApp.dmg file.
- Double-click on Uninstall Citrix Workspace to launch the uninstaller.
- Click Open, then click Continue.
- When prompted, enter your administrator passwode and you will see a message saying Citrix Workspace was successfully uninstalled.
- Open Finder and press Shift + Command + G to open the Go to Folder window.
- Enter the following file paths in the box in turn and move the related files of Citrix Workspace to Trash.
- ~/Library/Application Support/com.citrix.receiver.helper
- ~/Library/Application Support/com.citrix.receiver.nomas
- ~/Library/Application Support/com.citrix.UninstallReceiver.mac
- ~/Library/Logs/Citrix Receiver Uninstaller
- Empty your Trash.
How to Quickly Uninstall Citrix Workspace on Mac
An easier way to uninstall Citrix Workspace from Mac is to use BuhoCleaner, a handy app uninstaller. It helps you remove Citrix quickly without leaving any traces.
Besides, its Leftovers feature lets you scan and delete any app remaining files on your Mac in seconds.
Here's how to uninstall Citrix Workspace on Mac with BuhoCleaner:
- Download, install, and open BuhoCleaner.
- Click App Uninstall and you will see all apps installed on your Mac.
- Locate Citrix Workspace, check the box next to it and click the Remove button.
Now you have got 3 ways to uninstall Citrix Workspace, go ahead and choose a method you like to remove it from your Mac.
By the way, BuhoCleaner is more than just an app remover. It is also a practical Mac cleaner that cleans and boosts your Mac performance in a couple of clicks. Try it out yourself.
I am Jerome Mills, a passionate enthusiast of all things Apple. I'm expertise in crafting tech-related articles, with a portfolio of more than 100 articles covering various Apple products like the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.