4 Ways to Completely Uninstall TeamViewer on Mac
Summary: This guide shows you how to uninstall TeamViewer from Mac in 4 ways.
As more and more people work from home, the need for remote control tool has increased. TeamViewer is one of the best remote control software for macOS. Although it can help you remotely control your desktop and share files, it also has some drawbacks that force people to uninstall it from Mac, such as slow file sharing, insecure issues, annoying pop-ups, pricey plans, etc.
Whatever the reason you want to remove it from your Mac, don't miss this blog where we will show you how to get rid of it in 4 different ways.
How to Uninstall TeamViewer on Mac with Its Preferences
TeamViewer comes with an uninstall feature that allows you to remove it from your Mac in a matter of seconds. Here's what you need to do.
- Open TeamViewer.
- Click TeamViewer Menu > Preferences > Advanced.
- Scroll the screen to the bottom, and you will see the Uninstall option. To remove TeamViewer, click the Uninstall button. (Check Also delete the configuration files if necessary.)
How to Uninstall TeamViewer on Mac with Terminal
Alternatively, you can use Terminal to uninstall TeamViewer from your Mac.
- Open Terminal via Spotlight or Launchpad.
sudo rm -rf /Applications/TeamViewer.appand press Return.
- If asked, enter your administrator password and press Return again.
rm -rfcommand is dangerous. Please use it with caution.
How to Remove TeamViewer from Mac with Finder
Another way to uninstall TeamViewer is to use Finder. Here's how:
Quit TeamViewer to avoid any uninstallation failures.
Uninstall TeamViewer App
Open Finder > Applications, find the TeamViewer icon and drag it to the Trash.
Remove TeamViewer's Related Files
TeamViewer's support files are stored in the following folders. You can use the Go to Folder tool to find and delete them. (Press Shift-Command-G to open the Go to Folder window.)
- ~/Library/Application Support/TeamViewer
- ~/Library/Caches/ com.teamviewer.TeamViewer
- ~/Library/Saved Application State/com.teamviewer.TeamViewer.savedState
Empty your Trash.
After deleting all TeamViewer-related files, don't forget to empty the Trash.
How to Uninstall TeamViewer on Mac with BuhoCleaner: The Easy Way
BuhoCleaner offers you a faster and easier way to uninstall TeamViewer on Mac. It is a popular Mac app uninstaller that removes TeamViewer with a single click. Its built-in leftover removal feature can help you easily get rid of any residual files of uninstalled apps.
Here's how to use BuhoCleaner to uninstall TeamViewer on Mac
- Download, install and launch BuhoCleaner on your Mac.
- Click on App Uninstall and you will find all the apps installed on your Mac.
- In the result list, find TeamViewer, check the box next to it, and click the Remove button. (You may be asked to quit TeamViewer first if it's in use.)
Hopefully, you have removed TeamViewer and all its associated files from your Mac.
If you found this article helpful, share it on your Facebook or Twitter.
Clean and Speed up Your Mac Like a ProFree Download