2 Ways to Completely Uninstall LogMeIn on Mac
Summary: From this blog post, you will learn how to remove LogMeIn from your Mac without leaving any remaining files behind.
LogMeIn is a web-based remote control tool that lets you control your computer from anywhere with any device. However, many users complain about its poor customer service and lag issues. If you don't like it and want to uninstall it from your Mac, read on to learn how to do it manually and automatically.
How to Uninstall LogMein on Mac Manually
Like other apps installed on your Mac, LogMein can also be dragged and dropped into the Trash to uninstall.
- Quit LogMein. Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor, check all processes related to LogMein, and quit them.
- Open Finder > Applications, find the LogMein icon and drag it to the Trash.
- In Finder, click the Go menu and select the Go to Folder option.
- Paste the following folder paths into the search box, one at a time, and press Enter.
- /Library/Application Support/
- /Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/drivers/
- ~/Library/Saved Application States/
- ~/Library/Application Support/
- Find all LogMeIn-related files and move them to the Trash.
- Empty the Trash.
How to Uninstall LogMein on Mac Automatically
If you find the steps above complicated or time-consuming, try BuhoCleaner, one of the best app uninstallers for Mac. It helps you remove LogMein and all its related files in one click without leaving any traces.
If you've dragged the LogMein app to the Trash, you can also use BuhoClenaer's Leftover feature to find out the associated files it left on your Mac.
Here's how to uninstall LogMeIn on Mac with BuhoCleaner:
- Download, install, and launch BuhoCleaner.
- Click on App Uninstaller, then you will see all the apps installed on your Mac.
- Locate LogMein, select it, and click the Remove button.
The Bottom Line
LogMeIn is a useful tool for remotely controlling a Mac at home or in the office over a network. If you no longer need it, follow the steps above to completely remove it from your Mac.
It's worth noting that BuhoCleaner is not just an app remover. It also has more useful features such as cache cleaning, large and duplicate file removal, startup program management, disk space analysis, and more. If your Mac is slowing down, don't forget to use BuhoCleaner to clean it up.
I am Jerome Mills, a passionate enthusiast of all things Apple. I'm expertise in crafting tech-related articles, with a portfolio of more than 100 articles covering various Apple products like the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.